• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 05:49 AM

Several concerned Valley residents spoke out Thursday against reduction of Metro-North train service on the Waterbury line, and are circulating petitions to push the state to maintain service along the route.

The full story from the New Haven Register.

Kevin, news items in this story may also affect the October AppleFest plans. :o Sorry! :(
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:56 PM

Kevin, news items in this story may also affect the October AppleFest plans.  :o  Sorry!  :(

Well it looks like they are only saying "October", so with us being the first weekend of the month, there is still a chance that the trains will be running. I'll keep my eyes on the Metro North site. We could always substitute New Haven for Waterbury, and juggle the order of the other branches. We also could hop on a Regional train to save some time between the Connecticut stations if it's convenient to do so.

Nevertheless, if I stated my true feelings about Metro North and their plans to KO all non-rush-hour service, I would have to kick myself off this board! :angry: :angry:

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 EdFindlay

EdFindlay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Trains, Trains

Posted 09 September 2003 - 07:40 PM

I thought the number of trains depended on the revenue collected and the amount of the subsidy that the State of Connecticutt gives to Metro North for the service. If anyone is to be blamed it might as well be the Connecticutt legislature for not appropriating enough funds to keep the trains. I hope it doesnt affect the fest, thats supposed to be a great line to ride and has a decent station.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users