• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#51 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

That train was listed as having a service disruption yesterday. But it appeared to not be doing to bad when you saw it.

The train to which I was referring was 97 that originated on 4/18. Because I am in Florida, I think of it as the 4/19 train. 97 that originated on 4/19 (that would have arrived in Florida today 4/20) never made it. There was a service disruption and it made it as far as Alexandria last evening. I do not know what happened, but I have heard there were weather issues in the northeast/mid-Atlantic. Sorry for the confusion.

Speaking of weather (and way off topic), our temperature in Orlando this afternoon was about 20 degrees cooler than it was yesterday. Extremely pleasant. :) I can certainly guarantee it will not be like this in Jacksonville in July. :lol:

#52 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1517 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

I most likely caused confusion. I didn't look too closely at what I was doing. Thanks for updates. Keeps me thinking about riding trains.

#53 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82972 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

OK that's it. Today I booked everything -- the 2 Silver Service roomettes on AGR points and 8 paid segments (some not associated with Fest group activities).

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#54 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82972 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

I've created the charts for the 2 long distance overnight trains we are taking -- 97(14) and 92(15) -- and I've entered my own accommodations. You can now furnish me with the data via e-mail where your rooms are.

This chart, for those who don't know, just lets everyone know who some of their neighbors will be during the course of our trips. It has also proven to be extremely valuable aboard the trains when making large meal reservations for the group, as we could let the LSA know what rooms our people were in.

If you are going in coach class on these trains still let me know; I'll add your name at the bottom.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#55 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82972 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

My apologies, should have mentioned to also include your origin and destination on each train, since they will very widely from person to person.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#56 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82972 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

The little colored boxes are starting to fill up nicely. Interesting fact is that on Train #97(14) we already have all three Room 4's locked up among our group, if there are no further changes.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#57 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Another update on 97/98 connection. I am continuing to track the 97/98 connection in Florida (as well as the 92/75 connection in CYN). My guess is that all reservations have been made, but just in case anyone is interested...... 97 has been having a better on time performance lately. Yesterday, I could have said that, for several weeks, the connection from 97 to 98 would have been made in both WPK and ORL. However, today (5/7/13), 97 was running late and 98 was close to on-time, and the connection in ORL would have been missed. However, the WPK connection would have worked. (I hope both trains are running more or less on time this weekend since I will be taking 98 to WAS and 97 home). Kevin, I will email you my updated tracking spreadsheet.

#58 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82972 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Another update on 97/98 connection. I am continuing to track the 97/98 connection in Florida (as well as the 92/75 connection in CYN). My guess is that all reservations have been made, but just in case anyone is interested......

Thanks Penny for doing this, and if you wish to, it's nice to see the stats right up to and including our date of travel. If nobody is in reality doing the 97-to-98 connection, it would still be interesting to see the what-if scenario if somebody had decided to do that. The 92-to-75 connection in Cary remains an important issue for most of us.

I'd hope all reservations have been made by now, but understood sometimes people can't afford to tie up their money for so long.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#59 shanghai

shanghai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Has the chart for 97 & 92 been updated? Where would I find it?

#60 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Has the chart for 97 & 92 been updated? Where would I find it?

The chart is in excel and I am not sure if I am able to post it here, but I am happy to email it to anyone interested. I have been emailing it to Kevin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users