KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82687 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

Salt Lake City, UT Tribune, 1/25/14:

A new TRAX line may be coming soon that would directly connect — without transfers — the University of Utah, downtown Salt Lake City and the airport. It would use existing rails without the need of new construction, aside from some minor signal work.

Story here.

And as the story states, this line existed before. They would be returning service to the original University Line that ran between Arena and University before the reconfiguration into what is now the Red Line, which is oriented south towards Jordan instead of towards downtown Salt Lake City.

My guess is that it will get its own color, with Orange, Purple, or Yellow among the top choices.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82687 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 April 2024 - 02:18 PM

Salt Lake City, UT Tribune,   4/26/24:

Maps: See what new TRAX line from Salt Lake City airport to the U. could look like    

A new TRAX line will connect Salt Lake City International Airport to the University of Utah campus by 2030.

Read

I'm still not getting why it would take until 2030 to activate this "new" line, when the track connection is already there, and in fact revenue service existed over it as part of the original starter system.     I don't see why UTA would need to toy with the other lines, since any way one looks at it, there would be some interlining between the different routes.  Having both the Green and future Orange Lines going out to the Airport would be a plus for the combined trackage between downtown and the Airport.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users