#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

There are as of yet no plans for any group trips on Friday nor Monday.  Seeing some individual plans, people are arriving at different times on Friday, and some not until Saturday morning.   Likewise, many plan to go home on Sunday afternoon, and those still in town as late as the Monday holiday will be departing at various times.

One reason my hotel hopping is taking place in Alexandria and Crystal City  is that it allows me to do some short points runs between WAS and ALX in each direction.  Friday I am taking 95 WAS-ALX and 80 ALX-WAS provided both are close to schedule. That allows me to dump my luggage in my hotel in Old Town Alexandria in the afternoon before coming back to Washington to meet people coming in that evening.  Should either one or both be severely late, I still have options of taking Metro or even VRE in lieu of Amtrak.

Monday morning the intention is to start my day on Regional 164 ALX-WAS, and then later in the day take either a Regional or Acela home in the mid-afternoon. No VRE that day but there's always the Blue and Yellow Lines.

As for meals together for those in town Friday evening and Sunday evening, I think that can just be played by ear as there is no idea exactly how many might be involved or what their other plans might be.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

Friday after school I'll fly SWA mdw-dca arriving 10:20 pm. If possible I'll get on an earlier flight. Mike and Kim are flying to Anaheim tomorrow and on Friday will fly into dca arriving at 6:44 pm.

#3 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

If 92 is on time, I will be arriving around 3:15pm and I would like to have dinner with our small group.  Dick will be arriving by Acela from NYP shortly before that and he informed me that he would like to participate in a group dinner.

Both Dick and I will be leaving on 91 around 3pm on Monday.  I can only speak for myself, but I am happy to "do lunch" on Monday.

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

If I stick to the above program and the Carolinian (80) is on time, I should show up at Union Station Gate G around 4:37 PM Friday.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#5 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

I arrive in ALX at 7:10 PM on the Palmetto. I'm staying in Crystal City, so not sure I'd make dinner in time.

#6 CNJRoss

CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43390 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

I'm at the "NA" Hotel, :P and will be spending a good part of tomorrow at the Newseum, touring the exhibits, possibly including  As some of you know, I will be attending a memorial service for a long-time friend at the Newseum at 2:00 -  and free after that.

My bride has issued me a "liberty chit" for tomorrow evening (and the entire weekend) so I'd enjoy an opportunity to have dinner Friday evening.

Ross

#7 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

I get into IAD at 5:48pm. Given the usual dinner time for Kevin, I doubt that I will make it to dinner, but if any of the folks staying in the NOMA area want to meet up somewhere after dinner I am game for it. I am at the Courtayard and the HGI is not far from it. Let's connect by text after I get into DC. I'll text penny and we can take it from there.

Edited by jis, 16 January 2015 - 10:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users