#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

Use this thread to report on your travels to the WARF 2015 event, including any pre-Fest rail travel activities.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 nashscan

nashscan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes, Scanning, Amateur Radio, and more.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

Flew Southwest Airlines this morning from Nashville on a 737-700. Only 18 passengers! I had four rows to spread out in. Smooth skies at 41,000 feet ASL. Took the Metro to my hostel and dropped off my bag. Now I'm aimlessly riding around the Metro System.
Preston from Nashville

Nashville needs Amtrak!

#3 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

I am on train 92 on my way to WAS. I am somewhere between Palatka and Jacksonville, FL.

#4 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:35 AM

Checked in for my SWA flight. Early bird check in for me boarding position A22. After a day of work I'll drive to mdw to catch my flt.

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

Now aboard Acela Express #2107, currently with city of Wilmington, DE in sight.  So far so good with my big plans for the day, in which I intend to get 4 Amtrak segments and my first 800 Guest Rewards tier points of the year.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#6 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Checked in for my 3:40pm flight out of MCO, FC comp upgrade came through. Will get to IAD a little before 6pm and then take the Sliver Line connecting Flyer to Weile-Reston and then WMATA to NOMA and to my hotel.

I will probably do a points run after the end of the fest on Sunday. Every point counts dearly this year since I will many fewer opportunity tog et points. Maybe I'll make Select, maybe not. S+ will be very surprising. Will require that I do an Acela round trip each time I visit the NY are.

#7 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

On Wednesday, I flew US Airways, MSY-CLT-PGV (Greenville, NC) My parents just moved to the area so thought I'd visit them. I was going to come from Miami on the train but decided to nix that to get an extra day or so at home. Today, my stepdad dropped me off at the Greenville, NC (GRN) Ambus stop. It will me to Wilson where I had about an hour to kill. I grabbed some lunch and waited for the Palmetto #90. It arrived a few minutes early and I boarded in business class. I used a coupon to upgrade. I was hoping to see the cafe/business class car with 1/2 seating but I'm stuck in a normal NE Regional business class car. I wasn't sure which type of car they used on this route. So far, we are on schedule and should arrive into ALX at 7:10 PM.

#8 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

I've now plied the route from Washington to Alexandria three times in one day, having done it on the Cardinal (51), Regional 95, and VRE.  Inbound, I travelled on the Carolinian (80), which was a little late at ALX (8 minutes) which was late enough to put it outside its window and into a mini VRE meltdown at L'Enfant Plaza that cost the train another 12 or 13 minutes.   The other trip inbound was on Metro, with a stop at Fashion Centre at Pentagon City for lunch. 

Very nice dinner with Penny, Preston, Ross, and Dick at Center Café in Union Station. 

Success for me as I started out my year with 800 Amtrak Guest Rewards tier qualifying points.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#9 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

I got to mdway by 3:50 after a hassle free day at school. Absolutely no wait at security. Had a nice brats and cheese fries for dinner. Scored A23 boarding spot through early bird check in. I got an exit row aisle with good legroom.

#10 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

took regional 129 from MET after work today. Train was on time the whole way and very well patronized. Met Chris at the hotel where we had dinner. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users