• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

Here is a menu with prices for Pappas BBQ.

I like the menu for hearsay.

#12 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

Pappa's looks very good to me!

#13 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:10 PM

I'd be fine with Pappa's menu (and prices) -- but there's a big problem.  They are only open weekdays!  Closed Saturdays and Sundays, which are the exact days we'll be there at dinnertime.  Could however consider it for lunchtime on Monday, since we have almost a full day to kill before boarding the train after 6 PM.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#14 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

I will pass on Pappa's either for lunch or dinner, since I am generally unable to eat food served at bar-b-que restaurants.  

My first choice is Massa's because it is walking distance from the Doubletree, HOWEVER, it appears that it is not open on Sunday nights.

I agree with Steve, that the menu at Hearsay looks interesting.  It may not be walking distance for everyone, however, it appears to be open on Sunday, although I have not phoned.

It appears that Spindletop is not open on Sundays either, however, Shula's Steakhouse in the same conveniently located hotel appears to be open on Sundays, HOWEVER, it is likely out of most of our price ranges.

Living in Orlando, I am used to virtually every restaurant being open on Sunday.  I should not make assumptions about other cities in the future.

#15 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

Same with here, being close to the New York and Philly areas, and in New Jersey.  By far Sunday is the busiest restaurant day, but I realize in other places, they roll in the sidewalks when business people leave.

There's the Hard Rock Café too, which appears to be 6 blocks north of the Doubletree.  I was pleased last year with the menu choices & prices when I ate at the Hard Rock Café in St. Louis while waiting to catch up with the group coming from Kansas City.  I'm sure they'll be open on a Sunday, but I suppose if not mentioned on any restaurant's website it's worth a phone call.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#16 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:21 PM

My experience with Hard Rock Cafes are that they are loud, cater to tourists and serve mediocre food similar to what you get in Hard Rock Cafes everywhere.  

I want to say I would be willing to bet they are open on Sundays, but I am not going that far.

#17 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

I did a test booking on open table and hearsay is open on Sunday.

#18 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:45 AM

Ok, lets take a vote on this.

#19 shanghai

shanghai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Hearsay looks fine to me.

#20 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:49 PM

I am not blown away by Hearsay's menu.  A little pricey and nothing stands out as something I would be happy ordering.   I know I originally listed it, but that was just to show a choice.   There are other cheaper and more diverse options.

One thing about the test booking, which apparently one needs (which tells me it would be crowded) is that they apparently won't take a reservation for a group more than 6 people unless one calls.      Unfortunately, your party is too large to make an online reservation at Hearsay Market Square. We recommend contacting the restaurant directly.

Whatever is chosen, somebody should call and find out about the separate check issue, as well as comfortable access/egress from a potentially large table. 

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users