#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82690 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:17 PM

We'll post here when Fest trip related AGR points are posted.

So far, I only have the New York-Utica trip on Train #283.  I don't have credit yet for my trip from Philadelphia to New York.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82690 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

I now got my PHL-NYP travel posted for the 15th.  So they are running on about a 4-day cycle or so it appears.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 bratkinson

bratkinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:51 PM

I just checked and found all my Monday 7/15 points posted, all 3 trains. 

None of them were there when I checked about 8:30 this morning.  So it would appear they're now posting them during the day vs overnight like they used to do.  I've noticed that for the past couple of months.  But sometimes, they still post some at night. 

#4 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:37 AM

My points for my trip to NYP on 98 have posted.

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82690 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:27 AM

My points posted for Tuesday's trip on Train 63, the portion from Utica to the international border.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#6 bratkinson

bratkinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:12 PM

Surprise, surprise.  All my Tuesday points are posted, too.  I think this is the first time I can remember they've posted my points in the same week as my trips! 

#7 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82690 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:28 PM

Just a reminder of the Amtrak rules:

Members will not earn for Amtrak 7000-series Thruway services or the Canadian portion of joint Amtrak/VIA Rail Canada services.

Remember that the Maple Leaf is only Amtrak operated as far as the international border, and is operated by VIA Rail crews between there and Toronto. Thus there are different train numbers. VIA Rail knows the Toronto-bound train as 98, and the Niagara Falls-bound (equipment thru towards New York) as 97. Amtrak therefore issues two tickets, one for the US portion and one for the Canada portion.  Amtrak labels those services as Thruway 7098 towards Toronto, and 7097 towards Niagara Falls.   The Canada portion of the fare is not eligible for AGR points.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#8 bratkinson

bratkinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:26 PM

When I saw my points posted yesterday, I didn't check were they the RIGHT number of points.  I just saw that points were posted and wrote the numbers down to enter into my Excel spreadsheet when I had the time.  Today, I have the time.  That's the good news.

The bad news is I got gypped out of $57 worth of points!!!  I paid $386 in total for the trip WNL-NHV-NYP-UCA-NYP-NHV-WNL  (per my booking receipt email - all on one ticket number) but totaling the total dollars for each segment when 'expanding' it in looking at 'my transcations', the total amount comes out to $329!!!  What I suspect happened is that when the conductor from NYP to ALB failed to scan our tickets and all our trips from NYP on those tickets got cancelled, when they got 'restored', there were restored at perhaps the then current or, at least, lowest bucket prices!  I'll further speculate that the conjunctive fare I got UCA->NHV via NYP for my return got split up somehow.  For what it's worth, I didn't get a conjunctive fare on the 'going' side NHV-UCA.  Go figure.

So, now it's time to detail all of this in a letter to AGR to both shoot down the conductor that didn't do his job and the discrepancy in points/dollars.  I suggest those who rode NYP-UCA with me double check their points vs dollars and what you paid as well.

Bruce

Edit...I got a chance to look more closely at the numbers in 'my transactions'... The price paid for each segment is wrong, but the points I got is right!  This details show, for example, NYP->UCA on Monday was $124.00 for which I got 312 points + 78 points for business class.  Given the $124 price, it SHOULD have been 248 + 64 = 312 total.  BUT...the receipt shows I paid $156 for the ticket ($124 + 32) so 312 + 78 points IS correct.  I'm soooo confused.....  So, should I ask for a $57 voucher or just keep my mouth shut.  I'll have to think about it.

Edited by bratkinson, 21 July 2019 - 04:40 PM.

#9 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82690 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:44 AM

Points are now posted for the trip on Maple Leaf #64 from the Canadian border to Schenectady.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#10 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:14 PM

My points have posted from Niagara Falls to Schenectady on 64 and from Schenectady to NYP on 280.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users