• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

WASHINGTON, DC – Due to impending winter weather conditions in Virginia and the Carolinas, most Amtrak service south from Washington, DC has been canceled for Friday, February 5.

Link to specifics; the same is on the Amtrak website
http://www.nbc29.com....asp?S=11936066

#2 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:27 AM

In addition Auto Train is canceled now in both directions on Saturday, according to reports on other boards.

#3 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:41 AM

Lots of new cancellations today as of 9am Saturday, including a pair of Acelas, Silver Meteor in entirety, Silver Star between Savannah and Miami, Crescent and Capitol Ltd in entirety etc. See below copied from Amtrak.com:

The following operating plan is in effect for Saturday, February 6:

* Acela Express trains 2207 and 2220 are canceled New York to Washington.
* Carolinian trains 79 and 80 will operate only between Raleigh and Charlotte with no alternate transportation between New York and Raleigh.
* Palmetto trains 89 and 90 are canceled in their entirety between New York and Savannah.
* Northbound Northeast Regionals:

* Train 82 is canceled in its entirety between Richmond and Boston
* Train 88 is canceled Richmond to Washington
* Train 194 is canceled Newport News to Washington
* Train 66 is canceled Newport news to Washington
* Train 156 is canceled Lynchburg to New York.
* Train 152 is canceled Washington to New York.
* Train 121 is canceled Washington to New York.
* Train 160 is canceled Washington to New York but will operate between New York and Boston.

* Southbound Northeast Regionals:

* Train 195 is canceled Washington to Richmond with no alternate transportation.
* Train 67 is canceled Washington to Newport News with no alternate transportation.
* Train 99 is canceled Washington to Newport News.
* Train 147 is canceled Washington to Lynchburg.
* Train 165 is canceled Boston to Washington.
* Train 199 is canceled New York to Washington
* Train 159 is canceled New York to Washington.

Alternate rail service is available between New York – Washington - Richmond, and Washington – Lynchburg in both directions. Silver Service trains will operate and make additional stops at Quantico, Fredericksburg and Ashland, VA, to accommodate passengers from other canceled service. Trains 91 and 92 will also stop in Selma, NC.

* The Auto Train is canceled in its entirety between Lorton, VA and Sanford, FL.
* All other Amtrak service, including the Piedmont (Raleigh - Charlotte) is expected to operate normally.
* Trains 29 and 30, Amtrak’s Capitol Limited service is canceled in its entirety between Washington and Chicago. Train 30 of Feburary 5, will terminate at Pittsburgh.
* Crescent trains 19 and 20 are canceled in their entirety.
* Silver Service trains 97 and 98 are canceled in their entirety, Trains 91 and 92 are canceled between Miami and Savannah.

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

OK did they think I wasn't going to miss the mistake in the list of northbound Northeast Regionals? Train #121 is a southbound train from New York to Washington.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#5 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

OK did they think I wasn't going to miss the mistake in the list of northbound Northeast Regionals? Train #121 is a southbound train from New York to Washington.

It's all Rafi's fault :lol:

#6 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:52 PM

Who's Rafi?

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#7 CNJRoss

CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43390 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

I don't know Rafi; however a Virginia railfan stopped by the Richmond Staples Mill RD station and discovered 52(5) and 98(5) both parked at the station! The Amtrak train status site currently has following status: 52(5) ETA LOR at 5 pm (over 7 hours late) 98(5) ETA WAS at 4:56 pm (9 hrs late) I wonder how the food is holding out. Ross

#8 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Who's Rafi?

He works as a contractor for Amtrak and is a source of wealth of knowledge about the goings on within Amtrak. He is active on the other forum ;)

#9 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

29 that left Washington on Friday is stranded near Connelsville, PA. And hasn't moved yet. There is an article in the NY times. I'll be watching this one carefully, I am on 30 on 2/11.

#10 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

29 that left Washington on Friday is stranded near Connelsville, PA. And hasn't moved yet. There is an article in the NY times.

I'll be watching this one carefully, I am on 30 on 2/11.

Here is your link:

http://www.nytimes.c...us/07train.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users