#11 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:43 PM

Well I have essentially completed all four of our long distance trips, and I got to work on some more of the California happenings. I will still, however, take any input anyone has about the long distance trips as there is time to add things. Of the six days spent in California, two are now complete -- Friday 7/17 and Wednesday 7/22. Yes, I did our last day in San Diego just to fill out that chapter since it already contained the Southwest Chief departure.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#12 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

This week I'm happy to say that I've now finished 4 of the 6 days in SoCal: Friday and Saturday in Los Angeles, and now Tuesday and Wednesday in San Diego (including both Pacific Surfliner trips). Still left to tackle are perhaps our two busiest days, Sunday and Monday in L.A.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#13 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:52 PM

Well today I got through documenting Sunday the 19th, our day on light rail (Long Beach, San Pedro, etc.). Hopefully I've got everything right, as we had 20 people involved that day. For what I was unsure about I've asked those involved via e-mail. One more day to fill in! :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#14 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

Monday the 20th, our day on Red, Purple, and 3 commuter lines and dealing with the media is now done. That completes every day of the Fest. Now comes tieing together some loose ends, adding a few storylines, and proofreading internally.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#15 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:02 AM

See, I haven't reported on the status of the SoCal Fest report since late October, and truthfully I was 0-for-November. And so I've lately been getting some inquiries in various forms, asking me when the report will be ready. While I do appreciate that you are waiting (hopefully patiently) for it, pleass understand that good things take time. Understand that I don't work on this 24X7, and in fact weeks go by when I don't get a chance to pay it the attention it deserves. 24X7 becomes 0X0. My status now is that I am looking to tie loose ends together within the report, add a few more subplots, and also proofread my own work. At some point when I feel it's ready, it then goes to the next process, in which Alan proofreads and potentially suggests ways things could have been worded better than they were. And then while Alan is working on putting the report up on the site, I'll be going over the hundreds of photos taken on the Fest, painstakingly trying to determine which are the best quality and which best describe the activity we're discussing in that part of the report. Patience please! Whether you were there or not, you will appreciate the final product when it does hit the website. So if enough more people keep asking me when it's going to be ready, I may just take what I've written so far and put it through the shredder, the same one that is stationed next to my front door to stop holiday greeting cards from getting into my home. We wouldn't want to waste the last 6 months of work, now would we? :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#16 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

Patience please! Whether you were there or not, you will appreciate the final product when it does hit the website. So if enough more people keep asking me when it's going to be ready, I may just take what I've written so far and put it through the shredder, the same one that is stationed next to my front door to stop holiday greeting cards from getting into my home. We wouldn't want to waste the last 6 months of work, now would we? :)

Aloha

Of course we will appreciate the report :) , and the longer you take to prepare it the more we can anticipate it (insert line from "Music Man" here) and the better chance of getting Evan's School report from her mother, a first class procrastinator. :lol:

Mahalo
Eric

#17 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:31 AM

Since you've calmed down, I decided go to back and finish the report. Sure would be nice in the future if someone could step up to the plate and offer to do the trip report, rather than the person who planned it. Perhaps you would see it finished sooner, like by Labor Day. The phase I am in took a little longer than expected because when Amtrak revamped its website, all my hyperlinks to Amtrak trains and station lounges were rendered useless - so they all had to be fixed. While Michael and I are both home together this week (a rarity), we will both proofread it, and then send it onto its next phase: submission. Then I can go over the many photos that were shot during our trip and pick the best ones from each photographer to fit a particular portion of the text. I hope that all of you still have them available on your photo sharing sites, as I have not yet uploaded them as I used to do. At least progress is once again being made!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#18 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

Since you've calmed down, I decided go to back and finish the report. Sure would be nice in the future if someone could step up to the plate and offer to do the trip report, rather than the person who planned it. Perhaps you would see it finished sooner, like by Labor Day.

Aloha

Kevin You do such a superb Job on the report that I have saved each one in a binder. Mahalo. The next person to complain, I will send a tea leaf to them so the can get their 30 lashes. They can choose who gives the lashes. :rolleyes: :o :lol:

Hau Oli Makahiki Hou
Happy New Year
Eric

#19 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:06 AM

In house proofreader still at work, balancing the report with college applications and normal homework. I'll probably start the tedious task of choosing photos this week.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users