#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

Day 1 of the Big Apple RailFest 2008 event went without any hitches. Mike Hammond, Skip Howard, and John Corbett met Michael and me at the Manhattan Mall food court, and we had dinner. Then we went to the Herald Square subway station, and Alan met us there.

The six of us rode everything we intended to, never straying more than 3 minutes off the advertised.

At 23-Ely in Queens, Alan left us to go east on the E while the rest of us returned to Herald Square on the V train. John left us there, and the Skip, Mike, Michael, and I took the PATH train to New Jersey.

At Pavonia/Newport Skip remained on board to Journal Square where he would switch to another train for Newark. The rest of us got off there. Mike could have gone right upstairs into his hotel, but he instead rode with Michael and me on the HBLRT to Liberty State Park. He then returned to Newport and his hotel. Michael and I got off at Liberty State Park, where my car was still sitting in the parking spot in which I had left it.

We look forward to double Friday's crowd for our Saturday subway sojourn! :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:27 AM

Day 1 of the Big Apple RailFest 2008 event went without any hitches. Mike Hammond, Skip Howard, and John Corbett met Michael and me at the Manhattan Mall food court, and we had dinner. Then we went to the Herald Square subway station, and Alan met us there.

If you read this before starting share my Aloha with with everyone, and if not do it Sunday. :) Anyway at least I am there in spirit.

Eric

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

Eric, Will do! :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader