2 replies to this topic

#1 jebr

jebr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Metro Transit will face its biggest test ever Sunday when the agency has the job of whisking 20,000 Super Bowl fans to and from U.S. Bank Stadium.

That’s 7,000 more fans than the agency has ever moved for a single event, a task so big that Metro Transit recently held a dress rehearsal for its Super Bowl express by running trains in and out of the stadium station in the middle of the night.

More than 20 trains — a few so new you can still smell the fresh paint — will be used exclusively to get ticket holders to and from boarding points at Stadium Village at the University of Minnesota and the Mall of America in Bloomington and the stadium. After the game, in a highly unusual move, both tracks will be used only for departing Green and Blue line trains, with 1,200 fans leaving every four minutes.

Full article

#2 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

Has the increase in ridership on your local transit for the Super Bowl affected your ability to get to work and around town?

#3 jebr

jebr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

It really didn't. I do drive to work most days (reverse commute) but I did take transit a few times over the past week or so and there was only once where we hit a truly crowded train/bus. I'm on the other side of the river, though, so there's less Super Bowl-related activities going on. (I also left town yesterday. :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users