• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Hammond

Mike Hammond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Hello Everyone, I am announcing the Pittsburgh/Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railfest on Saturday and Sunday October 7th and 8th. We intend on riding 2 or the 3 light rail lines in Pittsburgh on Saturday and the CVSR from Rockside Rd to Quaker Square in Akron and back on Sunday the 8th. The CVSR tickets are $25/pp and the Light Rail fares look to be about $2.75 per ride based on distance travelled. I will be working on all of these issues and will attempt to publish some type of a web page shortly. This will be my project for the next couple of days. Right now there are 2 participants, Steve Weagent and myself. If more can come, that would be great. Also included will be a ride on the incline. Write me if you have questions. Mike Hammond

Edited by KevinKorell, 20 September 2006 - 03:48 PM.

#2 Sam Damon

Sam Damon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1062 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:17 PM

As much as I'd like to join you guys on this gig, my schedule during football season borders on sheer lunacy. So I have to decline. But I wish you well.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:52 PM

For anyone who is going to be in the Cleveland area the night before, Mike is also planning a Friday (10/6) night "moonlight" fest covering all of Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority's rapid transit lines. They will be traveling between 7 PM and 12 midnight. Trip will start and end at Tower City.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 wrrw

wrrw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

Here is the homepage for this fest.

Walter Walsh from Boston, Ma. Will meet up with you for all three day's. This sounds like a real good weekend.

#5 Mike Hammond

Mike Hammond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

Hi Everyone,

Anyone who is planning on attending any or all of the Pittsburgh/CVSR railfest, if you have not done so already, would you please email me with your contact info, what days you will attend and your cell phone and hotel information so that I will know where everyone is.

I know that Walter from Boston and Steve from Chicago are planning the entire fest except for Steve who will not arrive in Cleveland until late Friday evening due to other commitments that evening.

also please keep in mind that transportation from Cleveland to Pittsburgh is on your own but depending on how many we have,they could ride with Steve and I on Saturday morning to Pittsburgh and back. We would have enough room for 2 people beside Steve and myself. We would love to have you. I would also like to take a consensus of dinner Saturday evening. Would you like to eat at Station Square in Pittsburgh, OR we can return to Cleveland as there is a great steakhouse on the west side (Kevin's mouth is now foaming) called Texas Roadhouse that was a favorite of the Cleveland 2001 fest. You folks can think about that. Any questions, please feel free to email me[/size][size=7][/b]

#6 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

My mouth is foaming, especially for that Size 7 steak. ;)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#7 Sam Damon

Sam Damon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1062 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:43 AM

There's an even better steakhouse in Stratton, OH, if you would want to detour there -- about 50 minutes from the 'Burgh.

#8 Mike Hammond

Mike Hammond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:13 PM

Hello Everyone, I definitely need to know if anyone is going to be attending the Friday night portion in Cleveland. so far, i have no participants for Friday and if I do not hear from anyone of the affirmative for Friday night, then I am going to cancel the Friday evening Cleveland portion. This will have no effect on the Saturday Sunday portions in Pittsburgh and on the CVSR on Sunday. Those 2 days will continue as we have guaranteed participants for those activities. Therefore, please let me know if you are coming for Friday evening. If I do not hear from anyone by tomorrow night that they are attending, then I will cancel the Friday portion. Those of you who have already emailed me, you do not need to do so again unless there is a change from what you have already told me. Looking forward to seeing you in Pittsburgh on Saturday.

#9 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

For anyone who is going to be in the Cleveland area the night before, Mike is also planning a Friday (10/6) night "moonlight" fest covering all of Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority's rapid transit lines. They will be traveling between 7 PM and 12 midnight. Trip will start and end at Tower City.

Forget I ever said that. Unfortunately Mike has had to cancel the Friday night portion of this fest, due to lack of participants. The revised itinerary is here. All Cleveland pages on the website have been updated, and they can all be accessed from the homepage.

Mike will still see you in Pittsburgh on Saturday 10/7, and aboard the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad on Sunday 10/8!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#10 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:30 AM

I spoke to Mike last night, and the day in Pittsburgh was a success. They were affected by a rail detour, but it worked out to their advantage because with the inbound 42 and 47 lines detoured over the hill (along what is usually the 52 route), they got to ride trackage usually only possible weekday rush hours. On the downside, the same detour caused them to arrive at the fest start point late, so in missing the bus to Duquesne Incline they took a cab instead to get back closer to schedule.

On a premonition, my call to Mike happened to come when they were sitting in the Texas Roadhouse in Ohio. Steve e-mailed me a cyber steak so I could enjoy the dinner with them.

Today (Sunday) they will ride the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users