#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

It's June so I'll get started soon on the contact listing for the Fest. Please e-mail me your chosen hotel locations in the Charlotte, Norfolk, and Washington/Northern Virginia areas, as well as your cell phone number. For those who don't know, this list is only for the eyes of those on the Fest, and it's mainly in the event of emergency, such as somebody getting lost, or unforseen changes in plans. In most cases when needed in recent years, we've used the cell phone numbers to text one another. The list is kept private and should not be sent out to anyone else nor published on the internet given it contains our private phone numbers and where we are staying. I'll e-mail the list out to those whose names appear on it once we have everyone's data. And of course there's time to make updates should any hotel plans change before then.

In the case of Charlotte, the majority are staying at either the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn, which are essentially in the same complex and share the shuttle van that runs to & from Amtrak. I'd like to give them a number so I can confirm that their shuttle can accommodate us, and we can be sure everyone makes it to the train in time for the 7 AM departure.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

Just sent the email. Good use of planning time.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

And after 10 full days we've got about half of the responses. Out of 11 on the list I've heard from 6 including myself. Gentle reminder to provide me your hotel choices for Charlotte, Norfolk, and the Northern Virginia/Washington area, and to re-confirm your cell phone number if it's changed or you've never sent it to ne before. Between provision of all the cell numbers and the Fest, I'll send out test texts to those on the list to ensure we have correct numbers and can communicate by text or phone in the unlikely event we have to.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

The first edition of the contact listing was e-mailed today to all participants whose names appear on it, along with the usual admonitions to keep it private. If any participants didn't get it, please let me know. Any changes please tell me as soon as possible and before Sunday morning 7/14 so updates can be done and sent out.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#5 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Got it. This email is always an anticipated sign that a fest is to commence soon.

#6 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

What I believe is the final edition of the contact listing was just e-mailed to participants whose names appear on it.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#7 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

It wasn't final... but NOW perhaps it is. Resent again with addition of 1 person.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users