#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

This forum is for rail related items pertinent to the Super Bowl 48 event taking place in East Rutherford, NJ on February 2, 2014. I don't normally create threads for the Super Bowl; however this one has long been dubbed the first "Mass Transit Super Bowl" due to the remoteness of the venue, the shortage of parking spaces, and potential traffic issues.

I don't care about who is playing, what sport they are playing, or the shape of the ball they are playing with. This is for all modes of transportation to and from the game, and transportation to/from related events such as Super Bowl Boulevard in New York City, and also around Jersey City where the teams are staying at the Hyatt and Westin hotels.

I'll be spending my Sunday evening as I always do, keeping up with the Kardashians and more importantly, our Sunday Chat.

Here is a search that will include items related to past such events.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Since I was in the "super bowl" tv market last weekend, I saw a lot of news coverage regarding the Super Bowl in general, Super Bowl weather and Super Bowl transit. Also, I thought there were way too many interviews with New Yorkers and New Jersey residents asking opinions as to whether it will be a "New York" Super Bowl or a "New Jersey" Super Bowl. Like Kevin, I do not care which teams will be playing the football game.

Edited by pennyk, 26 January 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

I should add that I'll keep this forum up until a couple weeks after the event as there will no doubt be following news items afterwards, whether it ends up being a success or a disaster.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users