• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

I arrived on 98 about 40 minutes early into NYP, and was able to get the agent to put me on an earlier Acela, 2158 to Boston. I just spent the night in Boston and decided to fly back to Laguardia. After a few minutes in the lounge, I got on a very over crowded M60 bus and then the 5 line to my hotel in lower Manhattan. 

#12 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

I took the day off from school. I needed to take time to prepare for my observation in two weeks. Arrived midway and with my first pre-check experience courtesy of joining global entry, I was through security before end of school day.

Mike hammonds flight is ontime from Cleveland. We will fly together to ewr and then take njt and the 1 to rector street and then a short walk your hotel.

#13 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:25 PM

I came back to New York from Boston on Acela 2163, checked into my hotel, and then went to Penn Station to kick off this Fest.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#14 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

I was on Amtrak train 654 to New York and almost caught up to the NJT train from Plainfield, but slowed and arrived about ten minutes later.

#15 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Mike and I arrived at ewr on time. The pilot slammed the plane down on the runway harder than my usual experience. I'm sure it was a routine landing but I was wondering if rivets would need tightening before that plane's next flight.

The ticket app for njt worked flawlessly. I held the phone up to a scanner on the gate to let Mike through then myself. We caught a 9 pm train to nyp that arrived on track A. It was a new bilevel. We found seats in the quiet car at the head end.

At nyp we came up a nonfunctional escalator that placed us on the njt concourse. I promptly exited the wrong way out of the njt concourse turning right rather than left. We went up to the street level before I realized what happened. We went back to lirr and bought our tickets for Saturday and replenished our metro cards before catching the 1 to rector street.

At rector we made the short walk to our hotel and were safely checked into the hotel by 10:20.

#16 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:39 AM

Currently at Detroit metro airport North terminal. Had a 15 minute wait for security to finish setting up but made it through no issues. Flight is scheduled to leave at 6am.

#17 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

Landed in Newark on time but had some trouble finding the airtain. Caught a NJT train to Penn where the conductor announced the last station like a parrot (braaawk pen station last stop braaawk). Caught a long island railroad train to flushing to meet up with the group since I arrived late.

#18 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

My arrival for Fest was a two trip effort that actually happened on Thursday.

Since I was staying at my friends place in Greenpoint for 5 days (my work week) I had to bring my work uniforms and bedding

I drove to NYC with trunk full of stuff, dropped it off at his place, then drove back to Metropark, where I parked my car for a week.

On my second trip of the day caught Amtrak 196 to NYC and then E and G and then walked few blocks to his place.

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#19 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

One sidelight to our weekend was that we had a Fest before the Fest, although at the time the participants didn't know it. Five people headed to New York for NYRF were on Friday's Train 42, the Pennsylvanian, at one time or another -- 3 from Pittsburgh, one from Harrisburg, and one from Paoli.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users