• PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:19 AM

OTOL Big Apple RailFest 2006
January 14-15, 2006

Another Itinerary Change

See revised itinerary here: http://pages.prodigy...6/itinerary.htm

On January 6th, the MTA announced that L service between Lorimer Street and Broadway Junction will operate with substitute buses. What this means is that the previously announced contingency plan for "No L train" is not necessary, since there is a rail alternative, albeit slightly roundabout and repetitive. We can retrace our trip via the M and J lines, and still take the L between Broadway Junction and Livonia Avenue.

The changes made include a the slightly longer routing in Brooklyn late in the day Saturday, and a little bit of extra padding as recommended to account for possible delays on the rerouted and extended numbered lines at the end of the same day.

Contact listing

As of this writing, we have 22 people on the list. Not all will be together at any one time, but it is still an impressive group for the winter.

I try each fest to put together a contact listing. This list will include each participant, their hotel/travel information, and their cell phone number just in case somebody gets lost or cannot make it at the last minute. This list will be not be maintained on the Internet as it contains personal information. If I don't have it from a previous fest, or any aspect of it has changed, please e-mail me your information as soon as possible so that this list can be created and finalized. Please do not post any such information on this board.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users