#11 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

The schedule for Sunday and Monday NEC service has been changed.  As expected, Sunday is now a Saturday schedule, and Monday is now a Sunday schedule.  Since it just happened, the fare buckets have not been loaded for any of the trains that were added to the Sunday and Monday schedules. That results in no Saver or Value fare availability for any of the new trains. I expect the lower fare buckets will be loaded after the re-accommodations are processed.

#12 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

Confirmed .   As I just read this, an e-mail came in changing my Sunday 1/18 WAS-ALX reservation from Train 87 to Train 71, the Saturday number for the same timeslot.  Exactly my intentions to be able to know when they realized their repetitive mistake.   Let the record show for when we check back during next year's re-occurrence of the error that it took them until January 2nd to find out what we have known for months.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#13 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

Did not get one for my Acela trip. Thx to your heads up I did not book the earlier one.

#14 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

It's not totally fixed yet.  For the Monday holiday 1/19 I am still seeing weekday train numbers.  Strangely, the Vermonter weekend number 54 is loaded for Monday, but for the regular NEC trains it's the weekday numbers.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#15 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

Still no change with the Monday schedules, but the Saturday-only trains now shown for Sunday 1/18 now have all fare buckets open.  That's good news for me and, of course, it is all about me!  :P

#16 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

Just booked train 146 for Sunday to get home. All set for the fest now. 

#17 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

This is getting quite comical.  If there any more possible ways to goof, they have found them.  As I looked today (Sunday 1/4) at around 6 PM, I saw for Monday the 19th BOTH weekday and Sunday Northeast Regional train numbers..... in essence double the service that would be expected on any weekday or Sunday. If you book right now be extremely careful. Still only weekday numbers for  Acela Express.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#18 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

It appears at this time that the problem with the holiday weekend schedules has been fully resolved.  So go ahead and reserve your trips to be taken on Sunday and/or Monday!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#19 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

I came out ok with mine that were booked ahead of time. I did move from a 3pm Acela to a 2pm Acela in Sunday.

#20 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

I came out ok with mine that were booked ahead of time. I did move from a 3pm Acela to a 2pm Acela in Sunday.

You might want to look at that 2pm Acela on Sunday. I was considering that train, but I felt the connection time was too short.

If you come straight back from Tyson's Corner to Union Station via Metro Center, the Metro Red Line gets you there at 1:51pm.  

• Tyson's Corner - Silver Line - leave 1:08pm
  • Metro Center - Silver Line - arrive 1:37pm
  • Metro Center - Red Line - leave 1:45pm
  • Union Station - Red Line - arrive 1:51pm

Arriving Union Station at 1:51pm (assuming it is on-time) is a pretty tight connection to make the 2:00pm Acela. Amtrak might even close boarding at 1:55pm.  There is no margin for error. Miss that Acela, and you're booking a walk-up fare for the next one at 4:00pm, or walk-up on a Regional. You might want to consider the 4:00pm Acela (#2220), or leaving lunch a little early to catch an earlier set of Metro's back to Union Station.

I'm on the 4:00pm Acela.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users