#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

I have made up envelopes for each participant attending the OTOL New Jersey RailFest 2006 event, based on their requests. Each evelope has written on the outside the person's name, the tickets they ordered, and the amount they owe me. If your envelope has a "P" in the lower right corner, that means you requested fare on PATH, and you should give $2.40 to Piotr for your two entries into that system. My total only includes whatever PATCO or NJ TRANSIT tickets you asked for. About the tickets Your PATCO tickets are easily identified by the fact that they are magnetic, and that these particular tickets for one ride between Philadelphia and City Hall or Broadway in Camden are red and white. All NJ TRANSIT tickets (bus, commuter rail, and light rail) are now printed on the same stock. All have a narrow strip on the back intended for use in faregates at the Newark Airport and Secaucus Junction rail stations. You can easily distinguish your commuter rail ticket from the others, as it has "Trenton" and "NWK" on the front. The light rail tickets are harder to tell apart. The Newark City Subway tickets say just that on the front, with $1.25 on the bottom. Hudson-Bergen Light Rail tickets say such as well, as well as their higher one-way value of $1.75. The tickets for the RiverLINE look almost identical to those for the Newark City Subway, except that they say "Thank You" on the front. While RiverLINE and Newark City Subway tickets could possibly be interchangeable if the fare inspectors are not paying attention, we don't want to cause any problems. Just remember that we are riding the RiverLINE first, so please use your "Thank You" ticket for that line first. Obviously with the HBLRT base fare 50 cents higher than the other two lines, make sure you save the appropriate tickets to use there. Remember that all three light rail systems operate on a proof-of-payment honor system, so you must validate each ticket right before you ride. The validator machine (near but not part of the ticket vending machines) will put on your ticket the time at which it will expire, not the current time. Your commuter rail ticket will be lifted by the train crew. I purchased a few extra tickets for each rail line just in case some of the "maybe's" do in fact join us, or in case people join us who have not indicated that to me before. So if you plan to attend but don't have tickets yet, please see me first! I promise to sell them to you at face value. :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users