• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 CCC

CCC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

$15 tickets are usually still available one or two days out, except for peak days.

#12 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Let me add that when I created the itinerary for Sunday, I included both a downtown starting point (arbitrarily South Station) and also JFK/U-Mass Station. The reason I did this is because a large majority of those staying in the Boston area are doing so at the Doubletree near this station. Since we are first going south on the Red Line to Ashmont and to ride the Mattapan Trolley, those staying near that station can start their day there. You'll still "cover" the entire Red Line. Once we know where everyone who is staying elsewhere will be, the times can be adjusted to where people will board the same train.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#13 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Same as BOS-PVD. Depends on when you book it and what's available. I think the advance time for the $11 tickets has expired, so now it's $15, minus AAA or NARP discounts. It could be higher at the last minute.

As Rick said above, $15 tickets should be available. Remember that AAA/NARP discounts won't work within 3 days of travel. Friday is considered to be a peak day.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#14 the_traveler

the_traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

But AARP (senior) discount (15%) is available the day of travel!

#15 CCC

CCC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

But AARP (senior) discount (15%) is available the day of travel!

Senior 15% discount, yes ! No AARP discount listed.

Edited by rrrick, 26 December 2012 - 12:16 AM.

#16 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Thanks for the info on the senior discounts, guys! :) Problem is, Steve asked the original question about the fare between Boston Back Bay & Providence, and if he qualifies for the discount, then many more are going to jump on board too. I'm 6-1/2 years older than him, but i still have a decade to go before I qualify. :D

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#17 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Two of my students this year and one colleague have aged me to the point that I may qualify.

#18 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Slight change was made to the Sunday activities. We will do the Green Line E trip to Brigham Circle before lunch. This balances out the day a little better before and after lunch. It also allows us the option of walking to Hynes or Copley to catch the westbound C trolley to Cleveland Circle, rather than backtracking inbound to Arlington and then outbound again. We still have that option if weather is particularly cold, windy, icy, or snowy.

We still have about 1-1/2 hours at the Sunday lunch stop, but it's just a little later now. http://kevinkorell.c...in/itinnerf.htm

Also, if you need to leave the Fest at lunchtime Sunday, or first join us that day, remember that Prudential Center is connected via Copley Place to Back Bay Station by skybridges and a tunnel, so no need to venture outdoors.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#19 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

We discussed at this evening's chat about our arrival time Saturday back in Boston on the Downeaster. We come in a little before 4 PM. This may be too early for dinner, so if all are in agreement we could do a Blue Line round trip to buy us some time. It doesn't have to be the whole Blue Line, but we can maybe play it by ear depending on how much we want to stall before a more comfortable dinnertime. This would add to your overall fare costs, but for those who get the 7-day pass it would not cost you any more.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#20 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I may skip the dinner part after the extra blue line since i'm doing a OSB turn on 169 and 168 on saturday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users