#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

Use this thread to report on our time in Los Angeles, from arrival on Saturday night, July 15th through departure on the Pacific Surfliner on Monday, July 18th.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

Cruising at 36k feet above the Arizona desert I'll see you guys tonight.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:01 AM

We were joined today by Stephen Montero, Kirk Schneider, and 3 members of my family, for a total of 12 travelling participants.  We started out from Union Station on the Red Line to 7th/Flower/Metro Center.  We lost two temporarily at that station as they overshot the transfer stop on the Red Line and had to backtrack and travel to Santa Monica one train behind ours.  The other 10 travelled together on the Expo Line from 7th/Flower/Metro Center to Downtown Santa Monica. We split there for lunch and everyone got a chance to walk around to either see the Santa Monica Pier, the Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica Place, and/or the walkway along the beach.  We met at the time called for in the itinerary and all 12 of us travelled back to Los Angeles on the Expo Line, then the Red Line back to Union Station.  From there we took the Gold Line first to East Los Angeles.   Then, on a trip that took 1 hour 12 minutes from end to end, we went from East Los Angeles to Azusa Pacific University/Citrus College. Along the way, my brother got off at Southwest Museum, my sister in law and my niece left at Azusa Downtown, leaving 9 to travel to the end.   Returning back from APU/Citrus College, Mike and Steve got off at Azusa Downtown, and I then got off at Arcadia where my hotel was, and to join family for dinner. Six remained who stayed on one stop past Union Station to Little Tokyo which put them closest to their hotel and dinner location.

And so ended a successful day in which our goals were met, and we enjoyed good company on and off the rails.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

Had a great day in LA with you guys. Glad I finally made it to a fest on the other coast even if it was only for a short time. Looks like I will survive the final hour of work today. I don't think it was obvious to my coworkers I spent last night sleeping on an airplane  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users