#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Use this thread for posts regarding trips TO the PNW Fest, your travel before arrival in Portland or Seattle (wherever you plan to join the group).

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

So far my travels have been without any hitches, but then I'm not pulling a trailer. :D Drove down to Cherry Hill, minimal rush hour traffic. Took NJT #4616 to Philly, and I'm now in Club Acela awaiting my Regional train to Washington. Even had time for bank and post office business in the station. Will Tweet from the train and check-in here from Washington. Rick should be almost into Los Angeles by now on the SW Chief. I have had reports from Piotr in New York waiting for the Pennsylvanian, and John C who is here in Philadelphia going thru a long TSA line at the airport. And while I'm typing this, just heard that my #141 is 5 minutes late. Oh well... glad I have 3 hours cushion in Washington.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

Nice but crowded ride on Regional #141. Though it ran late, arrival in WAS was 12:57 PM, 2 minutes early. I heard from Piotr on the Pennsylvanian, having made it to Philly, and John C is in Manchester, NH of all places on an air flight stopover en route to Chicago. Had a nice lunch, and I'm now relaxing in Washington Club Acela. Will check-in here again from Chicago tomorrow.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

Well I'm currently sitting in the CA in NYP awaiting the departure of the Lake Shore in just about an hour.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#5 CCC

CCC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

Rick is just pulling out of Las Vegas,NM at 1:00 PM.Good trip so far.Some short delays.See you soon. Rick

#6 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Glad I didn't go playing on the Metro. The Metro Center station was just partially closed due to a suspicious package. All my baggage is still accounted for. ;)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#7 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

Now sitting in Albany waiting for the appointed departure time. Adirondack just pulled in on track #2 on its way to NYP. All connections made between 49 & 449 and power has been restored. So we await the appointed hour.
Alan,

#8 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

I'm anxiously waiting to join the fray. Rosalyn and I are enjoying a free night at Rennaisance oakbrook hotel. We had lunch at wildfire and saw a movie. Having a great time.

#9 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

Well we're getting ever closer Steve. I'm at Utica, NY and if his train is on time, Kevin should be about an hour out of Connelsville, PA and on his way to find Piotr, Mike & Lynn.
Alan,

#10 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

Aloha Evan and I are baking, watching the news about LA thunder storms and fires. None of these should affect us, or rrick on the coast Starlight tomorrow. Our tickets are in hand, the only worry will be getting Evan awake in the morning. She's a night owl. Till later Eric

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users