#91 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5369 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

For the Fest participant who is boarding the Silver Meteor in Philadelphia on July 14 (and you know who you are), you dodged a bullet. From AGR Insider (official AGR rep) at Flyertalk:

"From Wednesday, July 17 through Monday, August 12, 2013, the ClubAcela at Philadelphia 30th St. Station will be closed for the carpet to be replaced. The soft drink and snack area will be updated, and other improvements made.

A temporary ClubAcela will be established on the east side of the north waiting room. This is the large open space between the ticket counter and the passenger service office. The area will be closed off, appropriate signage put in place, the lounge furniture will be moved downstairs and set up, and light refreshments and snacks will continue to be provided. There will be some electric outlets available. The attendant will staff this area and provide the same services that are provided in the regular location."

#92 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Thanks. A Fest participant boarding the same train in New York informed me of this earlier today. I'll be passing through PHL again on Saturday morning the 20th, but wasn't planning on the lounge due to the short layover and the fact that they usually don't send NJT-bound passengers down the elevators anyhow. That better be very nice carpet for them to require 3-1/2 weeks to replace it. And I bet somebody spills coffee or soda on it on Reopening Day.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#93 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

97 was late again today (1:29 late out of JAX and 3:16 late out of WPK). Lots of "stuff" going on with the Silvers lately.

#94 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

I just e-mailed the 4th (and what I assume to be the final) Edition of the train room chart - to those whose names are on it. It reflects recent changes to the participant list and room changes.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#95 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

And last minute addition to OTOL Fest. I will be joining for Friday 7/19 FBG turn. I just got my work schedule for the week today.

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#96 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5369 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

And last minute addition to OTOL Fest.
I will be joining for Friday 7/19 FBG turn.
I just got my work schedule for the week today.

Sorry I'm going to miss you, but happy you can join for the day.

#97 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Something is up in Florida with 97 today (the Southbound Meteor that left NYC 7/12). It left JAX on time, but has lost almost 3 hours between JAX and Palatka.

#98 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5369 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

The last charts for the Silver Star, Silver Meteor, and Piedmont (unless I add final #92 and #75 charts tomorrow from TPA.

Attached Files

#99 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

I thank both Penny and Bill for keeping these stats over the past few months. Statistics are an interesting thing, and it's good to see the probability of a connection being made vs. being missed. But now while I'm sure Penny will update her data to show what happened to the train of July 15th where it would have mattered had anyone tried to make a turnaround at Winter Park or Orlando from Train 97 to 98, here is what happened: 97 at WPK: 12:33 PM - 12 minutes late 97 at ORL: 12:55 PM - on time 98 at ORL: 2:10 PM - 35 minutes late 98 at WPK: 2:31 PM - 39 minutes late So the connection would have been made in either place with an almost 2 hour dwell at Winter Park, and a 1 hour 15 minute dwell at Orlando. Not to step on anyone's toes, but I wanted to research the times before they rolled off Amtrak's site. FWIW, 98 got to JAX at 5:15 PM that evening, 27 minutes late. Debatable whether anyone would have wanted to first go downtown and ride the Skyway, eat dinner, etc. and then go back.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#100 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

I thank both Penny and Bill for keeping these stats over the past few months. Statistics are an interesting thing, and it's good to see the probability of a connection being made vs. being missed.

But now while I'm sure Penny will update her data to show what happened to the train of July 15th where it would have mattered had anyone tried to make a turnaround at Winter Park or Orlando from Train 97 to 98, here is what happened:

97 at WPK: 12:33 PM - 12 minutes late
97 at ORL: 12:55 PM - on time

98 at ORL: 2:10 PM - 35 minutes late
98 at WPK: 2:31 PM - 39 minutes late

So the connection would have been made in either place with an almost 2 hour dwell at Winter Park, and a 1 hour 15 minute dwell at Orlando. Not to step on anyone's toes, but I wanted to research the times before they rolled off Amtrak's site.

FWIW, 98 got to JAX at 5:15 PM that evening, 27 minutes late. Debatable whether anyone would have wanted to first go downtown and ride the Skyway, eat dinner, etc. and then go back.

I have updated my spreadsheet to include 7/15 and 7/16. As Kevin stated, the connection between 97 and 98 would have worked on July 15th. I think we got lucky on July 16th since our layover in Cary was not as long as the average over the last few months. I have emailed my spreadsheet to Kevin. I really do not see any value in it now, but if anyone would like a copy, please let me know. Kevin, please feel free to "trash" it if you wish - it will not hurt my feelings. :)

Edited by pennyk, 20 July 2013 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users