#21 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

And AFAIR I am in 5 on 50. So if you hear any snoring that would not be me on that train :lol:

AFAYR there is a discrepancy. I had you listed as car 5000/Room 4 CHI-NWK. Whether you are in 4 or 5, you still have Rick in 3 and me in 1 to contend with.

Folks once the dust settles by the end of next week with my website work, I'll make available the maiden edition of chart that shows where we are situated on each long distance train. We have a few other people who do plan to come along, but have not yet been able to finalize things for the entire trip. But as known you can provide me with what you have, so we can see how well we are filling up each sleeper.

Subsequent editions will include more people as they provide their travel plans.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#22 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

AFAYR there is a discrepancy. I had you listed as car 5000/Room 4 CHI-NWK. Whether you are in 4 or 5, you still have Rick in 3 and me in 1 to contend with.

That's quite possible. I have stashed all that away in a safe place and they can stay there until it is time for the trip. So I am just guessing what it might be. More likely than what I told you with those tickets in hand is more accurate than anything that I posted more recently :P

#23 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

Here is the first edition of the room chart, based on the information I have so far. Those who have reserved can see who their neighbors are on each train. Those who haven't yet reserved a room can see where they WON'T be. There will be further updates for sure once we have more on board. I have included both segments of Train #19, the Crescent, both segments of Train #58, the City of New Orleans, and all three trains out of Chicago headed for the east coast. Nobody has yet booked anything on Train #30, the Capitol Limited, but that could change in the remaining 4 months.

Above link is an Excel file in Compatability mode (1997-2003 MS Office versions).

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#24 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

Will Piotr or Bill or anyone else be doing a Train Tracker feature this year? It's always interesting to see the trends our planned trains are taking with on-time (or not) performance.... although every trip can be an adventure that might depart from the average. April 1st or April 15th may be good days to begin sampling the data. A ridership surge in late April for a heavy travel period when schools are out might be indicative of summer travel conditions. Increased time to board and detrain higher numbers of passengers can affect overall performance at the endpoint stations.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#25 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

Will Piotr or Bill or anyone else be doing a Train Tracker feature this year? It's always interesting to see the trends our planned trains are taking with on-time (or not) performance.... although every trip can be an adventure that might depart from the average. April 1st or April 15th may be good days to begin sampling the data. A ridership surge in late April for a heavy travel period when schools are out might be indicative of summer travel conditions. Increased time to board and detrain higher numbers of passengers can affect overall performance at the endpoint stations.

Yeah I will start this on April 15th. I will do detailed tracking on all official Fest trains and all EB post-fest trains. Also I will do major cities for all trains connecting to the Fest, if you can provide inbound and outbound train itineraries.

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#26 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

Yeah I will start this on April 15th. I will do detailed tracking on all official Fest trains and all EB post-fest trains. Also I will do major cities for all trains connecting to the Fest, if you can provide inbound and outbound train itineraries.

Well all the Fest related trains are detailed in the chart referenced in Post 23 above. Also on the chart are the 3 eastward trains (Cardinal, Cap, and LSL), though so far nobody has committed to the Cap. (That may change once I know Mike H's plans since he has to get back to Cleveland.) I'm not at home right now with access to my information, but I believe that Rick will be taking a Regional from New England to connect with the Crescent in New York. And Steve W has indicated he's coming northbound from Florida on one of the Silver Service trains to connect with the Crescent in Washington, DC.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#27 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

Here is the first edition of the room chart, based on the information I have so far. Those who have reserved can see who their neighbors are on each train. Those who haven't yet reserved a room can see where they WON'T be. There will be further updates for sure once we have more on board. I have included both segments of Train #19, the Crescent, both segments of Train #58, the City of New Orleans, and all three trains out of Chicago headed for the east coast. Nobody has yet booked anything on Train #30, the Capitol Limited, but that could change in the remaining 4 months.

Above link is an Excel file in Compatability mode (1997-2003 MS Office versions).

I'm still waiting on that pay to get my Mia-was-atl segment. If it's not on the next check I'm gonna exact revenge. The lady already made one mistake.

#28 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

I'm still waiting on that pay to get my Mia-was-atl segment. If it's not on the next check I'm gonna exact revenge. The lady already made one mistake.

One thing I promise you, you won't be in rooms 1 or 2 on #19. We have those sewn up in both cars. But revenge may be necessary, or we'll be coming back to visit you in coach and bringing you food scraps from the diner.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#29 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:53 PM

Payday for Steve! :D With the addition of his WAS-ATL segment, the chart has been updated.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#30 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:04 AM

And I did get after the wench once I saw the fares going up. She is not talking to me right now, but I got my trip booked so I don't care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users