#21 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

And to accommodate the requests I had for the Rockport Line, it could be done first thing in the morning, which would then leave the rest of the day for transit. Note that the afternoon would resemble the all-transit option very much, except that the commuter trip replaces the time spent on the Red & Mattapan Lines, leaving just complete coverage of the Green Line. This option is here.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#22 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I like That plan. Mike and I can join you to ride the matts pan trolley before a getting on the LSL.

#23 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Here is what a Worcester turn would look like, again with Lake Shore Limited westbound, MBTA commuter train eastbound, and 1 hour 37 minutes dwell in Worcester. This only allows for the morning Red Line & Mattapan Trolley, and because of both the trip time and the wasted time sitting in Worcester, not much time is left for much else upon return. Maybe one of the Green Line branches before it's time for dinner.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#24 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I like That plan. Mike and I can join you to ride the matts pan trolley before a getting on the LSL.

The what? :blink:

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#25 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Darn spell check can't spell mattapan.

#26 EdFindlay

EdFindlay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Trains, Trains

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

I am not a fan of the dogleg back to Arlington to catch the C...unless the timing doesn't work out or the weather doesn't want to cooperate, it might be easier to just walk to Hynes from the Prudential Center.

#27 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

I am not a fan of the dogleg back to Arlington to catch the C...unless the timing doesn't work out or the weather doesn't want to cooperate, it might be easier to just walk to Hynes from the Prudential Center.

Under the current plan (assuming this one is adopted) we still have to take the E outbound, hence the Arlington shuffle after coming back inbound. The fix to this would be to do the E to Brigham Circle first, then get to lunch at Prudential a little later, and then walk to Hynes to continue on the other segments. Weather could be a factor though; if it's too cold or windy the shorter walk to the Prudential station, the dogleg to Arlington, and the underground transfer might be more desirable.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#28 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

What I said in the above note is what we'll do with the option left open to revert to Arlington if we have to.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users