#1 CNJRoss

CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43390 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

LIRR news release, 9/26:

My MTA Alerts® Now Offers Subscribers Ability to Match Service Alerts to Times They Travel

LIRR also Upgrades Elevator Outage Alerts

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has upgraded and rebranded its Email & Text Alert subscription service, now called My MTA Alerts®, to allow customers to request service information at specific times of the day within 30-minute intervals.

Email and text alerts were brought to the entire MTA family of agencies in 2008 and have become a popular and useful tool for customers looking for up-to-the minute service changes and the status of elevators or escalators. Subscribers can choose to receive alerts about any MTA New York City Transit subway, bus, Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) or Metro-North Railroad commuter train, or toll crossing.

“We have improved an already incredibly useful travel-planning tool with the primary goal of providing our customers additional flexibility regarding the date and specific time interval they receive notifications,” MTA Chairman and CEO Thomas F. Prendergast said. “Now, you don’t have to receive alerts about service issues that will not affect you. You can pick the times based solely on when you travel.”

While the previous alert service allowed customers to sign up for service alerts in four-hour windows, customers can now specify when they receive information in as little as 30-minute intervals based on when they travel. For example, if a customer commutes to and from work between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, My MTA Alerts® can easily set their account to receive alerts only during those times. It is recommended that subscribers extend the alerts time frame to shortly before and shortly after their normal travel times. This ensures the receipt of all necessary notifications.

Customers should simply create or log into an existing account, select the edit button located to the right of Alert and Advisory Preferences and pick when to receive alerts.

Subscribers also have the option to put their alerts on hold at any time during vacations or extended times they do not use the MTA network.

Other enhancements to My MTA Alerts® include:

• Full detailed text message. Truncated text messages have been eliminated. Now customers can see the full details of a text alert on your mobile phone by clicking on View More
  • Unlimited Subscriptions. Once you establish a primary account using an email or cell phone number, you can add as many subscriptions as you want. Many customers like this so they can set up alerts for anyone in their family based on the lines and routes they use. All email addresses and mobile numbers are listed in the same place for easy editing.
  • Security. To protect your privacy, My MTA Alerts® requires a two-step verification process before a My MTA Alert® account is activated. Once you create the account, you will be taken to My MTA Alerts® Subscription Activating Pending page. A confirmation number will be sent to the email or mobile number associated with the account. Enter the confirmation number you receive from your email or text and then click Submit. You can then begin to set up your account preferences. This code is entered to ensure you are the owner of the email or cell mobile number provided

In addition to the enhancements to My MTA Alerts®, the LIRR has upgraded its elevator outage alerts to give customers the option to opt in or opt out by branch. Previously, alerts about elevator outages on a given branch had automatically been sent to all who subscribed to that branch’s train service alerts. Existing subscribers who do not want elevator alerts can log in to deselect the new “Elevator” option to discontinue receiving the alerts. Newly enrolled subscribers will need to select that option in order to receive the alerts.

Click the following link to learn more about and signing up for My MTA Alerts®: http://web.mta.info/...yMTA_Alerts.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users