#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

As you know we have a 1 hour 45 min layover in Lancaster on Saturday evening, good opportunity to have dinner. I've been looking again at what restaurants show up on Google Earth. While a few on my list may be within the usual criteria of 5 city blocks, the others appear to be further away. They seem to like to have longer "blocks" in California, so what appears to be 5 blocks might be the equivalent of 10 blocks in New York City. The fast food places appear to be a longer walk than the few sit-down places within a few blocks of the station. There's time to make the walk and still have a leisurely fast food type of meal.

But I want those who might not wish to make what could be a 1/2 mile walk in each direction to be wary of that fact and plan accordingly. If you can't make the walk or the close places don't appeal to you, consider whether you want to participate in this particular trip. Also this is 1 hour 45 min that will be without rest room facilities if you aren't a customer at one of the restaurants, though you should be able to use the one on the train before we get to Lancaster and after we leave headed back to L.A.

That said, I've updated the restaurant listing for Lancaster, CA today with a few more places to eat that may also include a healthy walk to and from: http://pages.prodigy...ood/foodlax.htm

That's it for Saturday. On Sunday, we're supposed to have dinner somewhere along the south/west end of the Metro Green Line, namely Redondo Beach or El Segundo. Nothing definite has been decided here either. There is however the possibility we may have what has been clocked at a 0.4 mile walk in each direction if we wish to go to the restaurants around the corner of Sepulveda Blvd. & Mariposa Ave. Please keep that in mind as well. See the above link for the various places we can go in those locations.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

I think I am going for some good Thai food by the station in Lancaster :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users