LIRR news release, 2/9/18:
See The City With LIRR GetawaysNew Deals Join Popular Mainstays – With Significant Savings
Beat cabin fever this winter – and save up to 35% off! – with newly created packages to New York City’s most sought-after destinations. Join us in soaking in some culture and fun with our one-day getaways at mta.info/lirr/getaways/.
New! Gulliver’s Gate – Daily Until April 30, 2018.
Enter Gulliver’s Gate and unlock an amazing world of miniscule proportions, fusing cutting-edge technology and incredible artistry. Imagine an interactive miniature marvel the size of a city block that lets you travel the world, customizing your journey across time and continents. Gulliver’s Gate has been imagined by local artists and craftspeople across the globe and brought to life at 1:87 scale with classic techniques and materials, and the latest in 3D design and printing.
Leave the Land of Large and enter this spectacular new world, located at the Crossroads of the World, Times Square. It will ignite your imagination and challenge your perspective. For more information, visit gulliversgate.com/.
- Includes: Discounted round-trip LIRR off-peak tickets; Admission to Gulliver’s Gate. Adults: $44 (Zones 1-10), $56 (Zones 12-14). Children, ages 5-11: $22.25.
New! Downton Abbey: The Exhibition – Daily Through April 2, 2018
The Crawleys have arrived in New York City and you are invited as their special guest! Join the family and immerse yourself in your favorite show like never before. Experience the history, lavish costumes, iconic sets and never seen before content. Visit www.downtonexhibition.com for more information.
- Includes: Discounted round-trip LIRR off-peak tickets; Admission to Downton Abbey: The Exhibition. Cost: Adults: $41 (Zones 1-10), $53 (Zones 12-14).
Check Out More NYC Deals Here! Including:
- American Museum of Natural History
- Brooklyn Museum & Botanic Garden
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Madame Tussauds New York
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Museum of Modern Art
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
- Gray Line Sightseeing Tours
- New York “One Day” Pass
- One World Observatory
- Broadway Shows and Special Events
- New York Islanders Package
- Resorts World Casino New York City
- Barclays Center
- Citi Field
- Forest Hills Stadium
- Madison Square Garden
- MetLife Stadium
Want to Stay and Get Away on Long Island?
Hotel Indigo – Through May 31, 2018
Hotel Indigo East End is conveniently located in Riverhead, with access to local North Fork wineries, Tanger Outlets and shoreline. There’s an activity for every energy level as the hotel boasts a pet-friendly lodge, a calming spa offering massage services, outdoor fireplaces and gazebos, live entertainment, fitness center, and Bistro 72, a contemporary restaurant pairing locally sourced ingredients with distinctive regional wines.
- Includes: Round-trip rail for two (2) to/from Riverhead Station; Shuttle to/from Hotel Indigo and the train station; One-night stay for two (2) adults (Sunday-Thursday only; advance reservations required.) Transportation and tastings for two people to your choice of two (2) of the following local vineyards, distilleries or breweries: Crooked Ladder Brewing Company, Moustache Brewing Co., Long Ireland Beer Company, Baiting Hollow Farm Vineyard; Long Island Spirits. Packages starting at $235. Call hotel directly for availability and reservations at 631-369-2200 ext. 0.)
- Note: Special savings are available to any LIRR Monthly ticket holder who shows a current monthly ticket at check-in, and to LIRR employees who show a valid LIRR ID at check-in.
Also: Check out our ongoing Long Island Getaways for special savings to Montauk Village & Golf, Roosevelt Field Mall, Tanger Outlets at Deer Park, MacArthur Airport and more.
For a comprehensive list of LIRR’s Deals & Getaways and more detailed information, visit http://web.mta.info/...aways/index.htm.