#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:37 PM

This is what I have found out from VIA Rail Canada regarding the possible checking of baggage aboard its trains. Normally, most trains in the Quebec City-Windsor Corridor do not carry a baggage car. However there are some exceptions. Between Montreal and Toronto, our Train #57 is the only westbound train on that line that does have a baggage car. So you do have the option of checking luggage from Montreal to Toronto. Between Toronto and Ottawa, no trains offer checked baggage. Between Ottawa and Montreal, trains will only take checked baggage if you are transferring in Montreal to one of the long distance trains to the Maritime provinces. We still have an issue with Ottawa. The issue is that we are both arriving and departing the city within about 4 hours, and we don't want to carry our luggage around the city. According to TrainGirl in another post, the station can hold bags for passengers. They do have a baggage room in the station from what I can tell. However I still am not convinced that they will be able to or want to do so for so many of us at once. I hope to have a solution on this soon.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users