#1 CNJRoss

CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43535 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 04:32 PM

Insider, 8/21/22

I took a high-speed electric train from England to Scotland, and I still can't believe the 400-mile journey cost just $64

• I took a high-speed electric Lumo train from London to Edinburgh for $64.
  • I thought the four-hour journey was an affordable and environmentally friendly travel option.
  • There was no first-class carriage, and passengers struggled for space, but it was overall enjoyable.

Back in June, I spent five days in London for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. After traveling from my home in Scotland to the capital on a $257 first-class Avanti West Coast train ticket, I wanted a cheaper option for the journey home. So I booked a ticket on Lumo's high-speed electric train service.

The journey from London King's Cross Station to Edinburgh Waverley Station took just over four hours and cost around $64.

I thought it was a quick and affordable option, as the same journey would have taken seven hours and 24 minutes via car, according to Google Maps. 

I recommend it to those who regularly travel between the two cities or those planning an affordable weekend trip to London. 

Insider paid for the trip, as per our reporting standards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users