#11 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82617 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

If you are referring to the Space Needle, if we have 15, we can get the group rate which is $15.00 instead of the usual $17.00. A "benefit" for me is we can (actually need to) reserve a group rate ahead of time. And hopefully not need to wait on long lines but rather be quickly whisked up the elevator. Otherwise, it might not be possible to do, given time contraints. The view from up top will be well worth the cost. I'll check on the particulars.

First of all a big thanks to Mark for all the help you're providing from the biggest of our host cities.

Time constraints are an issue on that Wednesday, only because we have to catch the first Sounder of the afternoon towards Tacoma in order to come back on the second and last return trip. If it won't work out, or we won't have a decent amount of time, there's always Saturday (which is totally open from the time folks arise after the late night arrival from Vancouver until those going on the eastbound Empire Builder need to be at King Street Station). That is, if we're not doing one of the many other activities you listed for us above!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#12 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

Aloha

I received this Link in an E-Mail. I haven't yet checked the link but I know this site well, and since Seattle is on the horizon thought I wold copy it here.

Mahalo
Eric

#13 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

eceived this Link in an E-Mail. I haven't yet checked the link

Aloha

Well finally checked and the information on the Seattle Monorail was quite interesting.

Eric

#14 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82617 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:21 AM

Aloha

Well finally checked and the information on the Seattle Monorail was quite interesting.

Eric

Seattle Monorail, not exactly state-of-the-art, but quite functional but lately trouble prone, is already in our itinerary. It's our transportation between Westlake Center (where all the various transit modes seem to come together) and Seattle Center, a large park in itself that features the Space Needle.

We may push some activities earlier in the morning to ensure we will have enough time to do the Monorail and the Space Needle, the latter of which could have lines unless Mark is able to get us in as a group. I currently show 16 people on the list. We may have a 17th, but then we are also not sure if every single person wishes (or is physcially able) to go up in the tower.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#15 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

If I was going to be around on Saturday I would have figured out a way to get to the Boeing Everett plant to see a 787 or two, if at all possible, even if I had to rent a car to do so. But as it turns out I will be riding trains on Saturday instead, starting early in the morning.

#16 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82617 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

Saturday it still appears there will only be a handful of us still in Seattle after #11 leaves --- those taking #8 directly out of Seattle later that day plus any local folks involved, and one person remaining longer in town.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users