#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

I've decided that when I take my annual November trip up to Boston, there will be a good reason for doing so. Now that the Greenbush Line will have opened, we can have another Fest in the Boston area.

The days of the Fest will be Friday, November 9th and Saturday, November 10th. I will leave Thursday and Sunday for travel rather than planning any events on those days. Those heading to and from Boston on Acela Express or Regional trains have a good choice of trains to take at their own convenience.

Unfortunately a full 4-day Fest as previously planned just won't work for me. Instead, we can make two 2-day Fests, one featuring Southside commuter rail and the other one primarily Northside commuter rail. I don't know when the second one might take place, but for the first one in November 2007 we will do the Providence Line, the Stoughton Branch, the two existing Old Colony Lines to three endpoints (Middleborough/Lakeville, Cordage/Plymouth, and Kingston/Route 3), and of course the featured round trip of this event, the Greenbush Line.

I've been delaying this official announcement while I await the MBTA to post the weekend timetable for Greenbush. At the present time only the weekday one is available. I didn't want to wait any longer since we're coming up on a month before the event. So expect our itinerary to include the above commuter rail lines, but the order in which we ride them is not yet settled. My latest thinking is to do Greenbush on Saturday when more people are able to be off from work.

We will probably have dinner at the Cambridgeside Galleria in Cambridge, which gives people a chance to ride the relocated Green Line between North Station and Science Park if they haven't already.

Please start e-mailing me to let me know if you will be able to attend Friday, Saturday, or both.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

UPDATE: Weekend Greenbush timetables are now available.... Itinerary should be up by tomorrow, Friday.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

OTOL Boston "T" Party homepage, with link to tentative itinerary, is now posted here: http://pages.prodigy...tp2007/home.htm

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users