#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82249 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:12 AM

Hopefully this is the final message before we meet in Philadelphia on Saturday morning.

Thanks to everyone for providing cell phone numbers and your mode of travel to meet up with the group on Saturday morning. I e-mailed to the participants a contact list that you can print out and take with you. (Of course our participant who traveled the furthest is already in Philadelphia!! :) )

As I have said before, we will be meeting aboard the R5 train bound for Thorndale on Saturday morning. We will try to take the front section of the front car. Keep in mind that some will be boarding this train at Market East, possibly some at Suburban Station, the majority at 30th Street Station, and one in Paoli.

On Sunday morning, we will meet officially at the Eastwick station, unless those staying in the area choose to get up earlier and go into the city first. You will be boarding an R1 Airport train to Eastwick, which you can get at Market East, Suburban Station, or 30th Street Station. If I am not aboard this train, I will be at Eastwick to greet you.

All participants will receive a complimentary blue folder containing guides to the routes we will be traveling both days. The folder will also have lists of all transit and commuter lines in Philadelphia and southern New Jersey. You may wish to print out for yourself sometime on Friday the lists of restaurants, scanner frequencies, and anything else you may need that is on my website for this fest. Sorry, but due to time constraints, there once again will not be a quiz.

Thanks as always to Alan Burden for proofreading the guides, for providing the folders, and for printing and collating everything inside of them.

If you have any last minute changes to your travel plans, or if you are unable to make it, please contact me by cell phone at the number provided in the list you received in e-mail.

I will be staying at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport, which is 2 blocks from the Eastwick station, on Friday and Saturday nights.

By now you all should have either purchased a TransPass in person or ordered it from Bill Magee. We owe Bill a lot of gratitude, not only for getting the passes in advance but for orchestrating getting them to people by mail or in person. Some of you who will be participating for just one day will go "a la carte" and pay as you go. Please plan to get to 30th Street Station or Market East early and get the Regional Rail tickets you need. You should also go to the adjacent Market-Frankford Line subway station and purchase tokens from a machine to save yourself 70 cents per base transit fare.

That should cover everything. If I think of anything else, then I will send another message. Otherwise, have a good trip to Philadelphia and we'll see you all on the train!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82249 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:09 PM

Weather Update

I just checked the latest weather report for Philadelphia on The Weather Channel's site.

Saturday looks wonderful, with sunny skies and highs in the low 50's.

However for Sunday, they are showing an increased chance of precipitation for Sunday. It is now up to a 70% chance of rain. The low for the day will be 37 degrees, and the high 47. That means that there is no chance of rain starting as or turning into snow. (Sorry, Alan)

Looking at a regional map, there may be a mixture of rain and snow predicted for New York city and points north through Upstate New York and New England. The rain/snow line appears to be around I-78, which means everything below the top third of New Jersey and south of Allentown, PA will get just rain.

So you may wish to bring an umbrella along for Sunday.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:12 PM

:rolleyes: R3 West Trenton and Media-Elwyn Lines On Sunday, March 20, riders will need to board all trains between Morton and Elwyn Stations on the inbound platforms.

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#4 NickG

NickG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5396 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for the info Piotr, but it won't affect us. We will have boarded and detrained before the R3 gets to Morton.
Nick Gibbon

New York, NY/Philadelphia, PA

#5 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82249 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 09:57 PM

Same line is boarding on Track 2 (rather than 3) at Market East this weekend. I guess they are not turning the trains at Vine in the tunnel like they usually do.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users