• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:27 AM

Guest list has now been created. Please let me know if you should be on the list but aren't, are on the list in error, or if the days you will be attending are incorrect.

I would have loved to join y'all, but I will be on the other side of the globe those three days. On the 16th I will be starting my trip from Calcutta to New Delhi by Rajdhani Express from Howrah Station at 5pm IST, arriving New Delhi Station on the 17th at 10am IST and on the 18th I will be riding the entire Delhi Metro system.

Oh Jishnu, it won't be the same without you. At least we'll all be riding the rails on the same days. :-) You'll be missed!!!!

Thank you Railette!

I will be posting a trip report when I get back. The trip from Delhi to Calcutta was interesting, including a four hour delay in departure due to late arrival of equipment from Calcutta due to dense fog! But the interesting thing is once it got going from Delhi it ran exactly 4 hours late all the way to Calcutta. After our general experience with Sunnyside's inability to turn consists around in reasonable time I was truly impressed to see a 20 car consists get cleaned restocked with food and bedding for over 900 folks and made ready for its return journey in 3 hours and 30 minutes flat. They even managed to clean every window both inside and outside!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users