• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lyle McBride

Lyle McBride

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:03 PM

Kevin, How can I stop this site from giving me lines that are twice as long as my screen is wide? It makes reading the posts very awkward. Regards, Lyle

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82249 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 29 July 2003 - 09:51 PM

Lyle, I will let Alan answer this one since he has the most experience with Invision Board and can also help you if some setting on your computer is the reason for this condition.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:53 PM

Lyle, I have to admit that I've never had anyone tell me about a problem like you seem to be having. So I have to ask you a few questions first so that I can try to trouble shoot your problem. Since I have no idea how computer literate you are, I'll try to be as descriptive as possible. However if you don't understand something that I'm asking, please don't hesitate to tell me and I'll try to better explain it. First off, is it just the actual posts that a running off your screen? Or does everything on the forum, including the main or opening page do this? Secondly I need some information about your computer. Do you have a Macintosh or is it a PC? If you are not sure, then you can tell me the name of the computer and I can probably figure it out. Or are you using Web-TV? If it is indeed a computer, can you tell me what company provides your Internet service? Examples: AOL, MSN, Prodigy, or Earthlink. Next do you know what program you are using to surf the web and the On Track On Line site? The most common choices are Internet Explorer and Netscape. If you are using AOL for your Internet service, then they have a special program. Last question for now, can you tell me how old your computer and the screen are? Also if you know, what size is your screen? 14 inch, 15 inch, 17 inch, or larger. Please feel free to add any other information that you can think of that might further help me to diagnose what the problem is. :)
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users