• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Long Train Runnin'

Long Train Runnin'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Well here is something I couldn't find in the new rules so I thought I would ask, What About the new ACES service. Since when you book you do it from Amtrak.com and it gives you an Amtrak Reservation number?

Sorry if this was discussed and I missed it...

No, you did not miss it. I had not worked that one over yet. But, now I have.

The NJT ACES service will not count toward the Amtrak Mileage Tally.

The ACES will be stand-alone with Amtrak only providing reservation and ticketing service. You cannot book the ACES as part of an Amtrak reservation, even on the multi-city page. Trips on ACES will not earn AGR points. Since it is not an Amtrak connecting service and does not earn AGR points, it is not part of the Amtrak network and will not count on the mileage tally. The present NJT Atlantic City Line service from PHL is treated by Amtrak like a Thruway connection. Through ticketing to and from Amtrak is offered, and the NJT segments earns AGR points. For those reasons, the regular NJT ACY Line counts, and ACES will not.

I'm leaning toward having the ability to earn AGR points be the determining factor for Mileage Tally qualification. If a segment of a bus, train, or covered wagon service earns AGR points, then the miles will count toward the tally. If not, then they don't.

Bill

Alright thanks just curious. I am going to part take in the tally this year and am planning on riding ACES in a few weeks. So wanted to double check before I posted my first trip and looked like the black sheep :lol:

#32 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

Would the train taken on July 23rd for the Chicago activity's be separate or would that be posted under trips take during the otol railfest. Also can I post trips that are coming up for the july month like one for the 16th or do I have to wait till I taken the trip.

#33 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Would the train taken on July 23rd for the Chicago activity's be separate or would that be posted under trips take during the otol railfest. Also can I post trips that are coming up for the july month like one for the 16th or do I have to wait till I taken the trip.

As Bill indicated, all trips should be posted under the July topic as usual. He will then determine it is related to the Fest and re-post it under that subcategory.

When you take a trip it's best to post the mileage after the trip is complete, or at least the last leg is in progress .. this way things don't get tallied wrong should something happen with the trip.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#34 N.E. Rider

N.E. Rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

This is a cool idea. I leave a week from Sunday, BOS-CHI, CHI-LAX, LAX-DUN, DUN-PDX-PDX-DUN-DUN-SAC-SAC-CHI-CHI-BOS. A fairly long trip by my standards, looking forward to seeing a total mileage!  Will post according to instructions when I get back.

Best to all,

David

Edited by N.E. Rider, 18 February 2016 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users