#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82319 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

I can tell you I more than likely won't be on any of  the East Coast-Chicago Amtrak trains with you because I scheduled my own travels both before and after the official Fest. So for example to visit Cincinnati (based on the Cardinal's thrice-weekly schedule) I am taking the Capitol Limited Washington to Toledo a day earlier than most would be travelling, take a Thruway bus on Friday Toledo-Cincinnati, and then after spending the afternoon & evening in Cincy, taking the Saturday morning departure 1:41 AM on the Cardinal to Chicago.  Maybe I'll join others on that train who might have boarded in Washington. 

After we wrap up the Fest I have side trips to Rantoul on the Illini, and Detroit on the Wolverines, and then I ride the Lake Shore Limited and its Boston Section to spend my last travel night in Worcester, MA.  The final day is express MBTA commuter train to Boston, and then combination of Acela and Regionals home.  The goals of my diversions are not so much the Amtrak trains, but the Cincinnati Bell Connector, Detroit's Q-Line, and MBTA's new Worcester-Boston Express train.   Should anyone want to join and has more time, feel free to contact me. 

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users