#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82539 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

I have now completed the costs pages for the four cities in which we will be riding streetcars, light rail and/or commuter rail.  You can find them at:

Kansas City

St. Louis

Dallas

Chicago

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5367 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

I may be wrong, but I believe the DART reduced day pass ($2.50) is valid as a regional pass, including the DCTA A Train.  On your Wednesday, July 19 chart, a "Reduced Day Pass" at $2.50 should cover all rides for those eligible.

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82539 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Bill,

Rereading this, I believe you're right.   Corrected.

* Reduced

Applicable on all DART, TRE, The T and DCTA buses and trains for the following:

But of course the hard part is getting local DART photo ID after arriving in town.

Visit the DART Store, located at DART Headquarters at 1401 Pacific (Akard Station). The DART Store is open Monday through Friday. Note: Photo IDs are made at the DART Store between 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. only. View a map to the DART Headquarters.

So to get to Akard Station you have to make one ride from Union Station on the DART Red or Blue Lines at $2.50 full price to get the photo ID... and do so only during the two 2-hour sale periods.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#4 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5367 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

Medicare card holders do not appear to need a DART photo ID.  Third bullet point.

* Reduced Applicable on all DART, TRE, The T and DCTA buses and trains for the following:
  • Seniors (65 or older) with valid DART photo ID
  • Non-paratransit certified persons with disabilities with valid DART photo ID
  • Medicare card holders
  • Children ages 5-14 (Children under age 5 may ride free when accompanied by an adult with valid local, regional or reduced fare [up to two children].)
  • High school students with valid DART or student high school photo ID. High school fares are applicable on bus and rail and valid Monday through Friday only.
  • College/Trade School students with valid DART-issued student photo IDfor full-time undergraduate students registered at schools which are located in the DART Service Area and are not participating in the Higher Education Program. (Click here to view a list of schools participating in the Higher Education Program.)

#5 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Kevin,
Thank you for your efforts. You succinctly described the eye watering complexity of Dalllas's fare system.

#6 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

Medicare card holders do not appear to need a DART photo ID.  Third bullet point.

* Reduced Applicable on all DART, TRE, The T and DCTA buses and trains for the following:

• Medicare card holders

Wow! So my freshly minted Medicare Card will find some use afterall, since for now it is Part A only, and I intend to not be in a Hospital if I can help it. :)

Edited by jis, 31 May 2017 - 10:56 AM.

#7 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Also for Dallas, you can download the "GoPass" app for your smartphone. It's basically mobile ticketing and you simply buy your ticket on the app and activate it before or as you board your first train. It works for all three transit agencies in the DFW Metroplex.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users