Photo

MTRF/Luggage storage in Dallas-Heads up!

2 replies to this topic

#1 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

Mike Hammond reported to me that he almost missed 22 because the agent was not available to retrieve his luggage. He states that he arrived 30 minutes prior to departure and that he eventually had to go on the platform to speak to her to retrieve his bag. 22 was held so she could get his bag and he could board the train. I'm not clear what caused this snafu. Maybe 21 was late and arrived a few minutes before 22. Or maybe they were short-handed for some reason.

We have an 8:55 start that day so we will probably be storing luggage about 8:30 am or earlier.

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82539 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

There's also the alternative of leaving it with the hotel post-check-out and picking it up later.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 saxman

saxman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

Mike Hammond reported to me that he almost missed 22 because the agent was not available to retrieve his luggage. He states that he arrived 30 minutes prior to departure and that he eventually had to go on the platform to speak to her to retrieve his bag. 22 was held so she could get his bag and he could board the train. I'm not clear what caused this snafu. Maybe 21 was late and arrived a few minutes before 22. Or maybe they were short-handed for some reason.

We have an 8:55 start that day so we will probably be storing luggage about 8:30 am or earlier.

Hmm. I volunteered at the Dallas station and the only time both agents would leave was when the train arrived. Maybe 22 arrived a little early and they both forgot?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users