#11 RailHaRRy

RailHaRRy

OTOL Leader

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • Interests:Trains, computers, CRPG

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:31 PM

Today kids know 69th Street as the location of the Tower Theater, an especially good spectator venue for many mid-level act rock concerts.

The Tower is also famous, of course, as the site of Upper Darby High School Class of 1959 graduation, all 509 of us...

I had forgotten that Millbourne is actually a separate borough.

Alas the last time I was at Millbourne El station, I witnessesed a purse snatching. A kid appeared to be getting on a train, but quickly snatched a purse, jump off as the doors were closing, and ran down the tracks behind the train toward the wooded area west of the station. Some people held the doors to keep the train from leaving, but there was nothing we could do -- the woman got off and we proceeded on toward the city. All this was in the mid-80's I should note. I hope there is less crime there now.
Regards, HaRRy, San Diego
Visit our On Track On Line web site

#12 EllisSimon

EllisSimon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 03:18 AM

"The series is, from east to west, the above ground stops on the Market Street Subway Elevated (SEPTA Market-Frankford Line). 46th Street, 52nd Street, 56th Street, 60th Street, 63rd Street, Millbourne, 69th Street." My high school math teacher gave us a similar series: 14, 23, 28, 33, 42, 51, 59, 67, 77, 86 - stops on the Lexington Ave. local

#13 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:42 PM

I neglected to include in this update a link to my official guest count for each segment of the Fest. I first listed the participants in alphabetical order, assigning each a number. Then I listed each segment of the Fest, and which people (by number) were in attendance.

Guest count has been updated. I was informed today that there were six, not five, of us on the Airport round trip Saturday evening. John Wireman was added to the list for that segment.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users