Photo

Where do we hold our RailFest in summer 2004?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Where would you prefer we hold our summer RailFest in 2004?

Where would you prefer we hold our summer RailFest in 2004?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 05:30 PM

I'll get a passport (had one a long time ago -- expired). That and my driver's license and my retired Navy ID card SHOULD be enough for anywhere! Thanks guys.

The legal requirement for crossing the border in either direction between US and Canada is to unambiguously establish your citizenship (US or Canadian). To enter the USA others may require additional paperwork, e.g. Visa Waiver form I-94W or a visa stamped in the Passport + form I94). To establish US citizenship any one of the following is sufficient:

1. US Passport (has a photo on it and you need either a Birth Certificate or a Naturalization Certificate to get your first one)

2. Birth Certificate establishing birth in USA or of US citizen parents + govt issued photo id (e.g. Drivers License)

3. US Naturalization Cetificate (has a photo on it)

Personally, I carry my current valid Passport all the time when I travel. The color of my skin and the country of my birth makes it imparative that I carry squeaky clean credentials establishing my citizenship, so no trying out expired Passports for me :). If you have a Passport, a Drivers License does not add anything. Afterall one does not have to be a citizen to have a Drivers License.

And BTW, I would be very happy with Montreal too. I have personally covered less of the Toronto system than the Montreal system, thats why I voted for Toronto.

Jishnu.

#12 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 06:40 PM

No matter which venue is chosen for the Fest, it will include the weekend following the one for which you have a conflict, namely July 17-18.

I've realized, July 19th is my mother's 60th birthday. (Boy did that milestone sneak up quickly) So there may be two bad weekends in a row and my pattern of bowing out due to family conflicts may continue.

#13 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 30 January 2004 - 12:29 AM

Well, so far 10 people have participated in the poll in the past 17 days. The results are overwhelming (70%) in favor for Toronto, with one vote going to each of the other three choices. Our discussions in Philadelphia were based on this trend, and we seem to be in agreement on the venue for our Fest this July. I'll leave the poll open until mid-February in case others wish to cast their votes.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#14 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:28 AM

It's obvious that Toronto won this poll by a landslide. I am going to go ahead and unpin this topic, so it falls where it should chronologically in this forum. Meanwhile, now that the WHERE? question has been answered, we have a new poll out now to address the next question: WHEN?

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users