#11 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82602 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:25 PM

"Julie" was being quite optimistic in her calculations. We remained a little behind schedule, getting into PHL at 1:36, which is 16 minutes late. Still, not at all that bad, considering this train had come all the way from Miami and was already behind schedule in Florida.

Upon arrival in Philly, we could have caught a 1:47 PM NJT train to Cherry Hill. However, I had three things to do in the station:
  • Purchase an NJT ticket to Cherry Hill
  • Purchase an AMTRAK ticket in advance for a future trip
  • Visit a cash machine
This would take a while, so we caught the next NJT train at 3:17 PM, allowing us time to sit down and have lunch in the station. While waiting, we unexpectedly met John Wireman, who had just come down to the station to watch the holiday rush. He kept us company until our train was called.

We detrained in Cherry Hill in the same exact weather in which we had boarded there 9 days ago: Cold and damp, 39 degrees, raining. We walked in the door at home at about 5 PM.

If I feel like it :P , I'll elaborate on our rail trips soon.

Thanks to Alan for keeping the group informed of our whereabouts and translating my text messages into English for publication on this board. :)

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users