CNJRoss

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43390 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

Note to NS Customers, 12/18:

To Norfolk Southern’s Valued Customers:

As we approach the Holiday Season and the end of 2014, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for our business together and your strong support over the past year.

As we look ahead into 2015, Norfolk Southern will continue our keen focus and activities to improve service across our network.  Our train and engine crew base is growing, additional locomotives are being delivered, and we completed not only our normal maintenance of way work in 2014 but opened major new capacity enhancing projects.  The $160 million expansion of our Bellevue, Ohio classification terminal was completed this quarter and is now operational.  The Englewood Flyover was completed and became operational this quarter which separated grade crossings of over 135 commuter, Amtrak and Norfolk Southern freight trains per day in Chicago, improving speed, capacity, and fluidity.  We also completed enhancements to our Conway Yard near Pittsburgh to improve service for energy related and industrial products.  Finally, we have implemented a well-planned and rigorous winter operating plan.

These and other activities at our Company, along with another robust capital plan for 2015 which will be announced in January, are all targeted to return our service for you our customers to levels we both expect.  Our commitment remains strong to meet that objective ahead as we work through the winter months with an expectation that our service recovery process will hit a normalized pace in the second quarter of 2015.  I encourage you to continue to check our service updates on our website for the latest information as we work our way through the winter months

Thank you again for your business, your support of Norfolk Southern, and your friendship, and I extend my very best wishes to each of you for a safe and enjoyable Holiday Season!

Donald W. Seale

Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users