• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

Well this does make Dulles viable IMHO. Though arriving late Friday night I might opt for a Dulles hotel property and then head into dc in the mornings.

#12 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

BWI Airport area probably has a lot more hotels.  All have shuttles to the airport itself (where as you know one can take MTA LRT to Baltimore Penn with 1 transfer), but many of the hotel shuttles also stop at the BWI Rail Station on the way so one can catch MARC or Amtrak there. And another cheaper way if one is at the BWI Airport itself is to take WMATA's B30 bus, an express trip from there to the Greenbelt Metro Green Line station.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#13 jacorbett70

jacorbett70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

From the free Express paper Friday 1/23, an account from someone with the same Red Line experience as us:

This past weekend, I arrived at Union Station and the board wasn’t displaying any arrival times. So I asked the Metro station manager if he knew when the next Glenmont-bound train might be coming. His answer? “It’ll be a minute.”

Some folks might have thought he was referring to a unit of time comprising 60 seconds, but I knew what he actually meant: I should be prepared to hang out for a while.

http://www.washingto...-back-on-track/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users