Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:48 PM

no points for me. Yet.

#22 AlanB

AlanB

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

Well the tickets were lifted correctly by the conductors; so no issue there. Currently the mainframe team is investigating to see if some of the batches from that time frame are some how hung up and not being processed.

May be a day or two before another update.
Alan,

Take care and take trains!

#23 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

Nothing still for me either from the 16th, 17th, or 18th.  I understand data processing, but strange that for the holiday Monday (the 19th) I did get my points -- one would think that processing for the entire weekend would not take place until Tuesday, the next regular business day.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#24 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

I traveled on the 15th on the Silver Star and with the group on the 17th.  Neither of those trips posted.  My return from WAS-ORL on the Silver Star on the 19th posted.

#25 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

Since it happened to all of us Friday through Sunday, it is reasonable to assume we are not the only ones. There is some big electronic pile of un-credited trips sitting somewhere.

#26 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

Since it happened to all of us Friday through Sunday, it is reasonable to assume we are not the only ones. There is some big electronic pile of un-credited trips sitting somewhere.

Thursday through Sunday, since Penny's trip from Florida originated on the 15th.  Safe to assume her e-ticket was scanned before midnight!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#27 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Well folks, complain time (21 days) for our WARF related trips is rolling around.

If you had travel that originated on Thursday, 1/15/15, you can call or submit a request online for your points as of Thursday, 2/5/15.

If you had travel that originated on Friday, 1/16/15, you can call or submit a request online for your points as of Friday, 2/6/15.

If you had travel that originated on Saturday, 1/17/15, you can call or submit a request online for your points as of Saturday, 2/7/15.

If you had travel that originated on Sunday, 1/18/15, you can call or submit a request online for your points as of Sunday, 2/8/15.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#28 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

There is always the on-line missing points form as well. Once in a while it even works. Other times, well not so much. I'll try that first, then call for all three of my trips at the same time. By the way, AGR now says that a missing points inquiry can be made if the points do not post within seven days.

There has been a little bit of chatter about this issue at Flyertalk (Alan and I were part of the chatter). Sometimes the person at AGR who follows FT posts when issues like this arise, but nothing has been posted yet.

There are, on average, about 85,000 amtrak passengers a day. If just 10% have AGR (probably low), that is 8500 missing trips for each day, or about 35 thousand missing trips for the four days. That's a lot of phone calls. Sounds like a world class FUBAR to me.

#29 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

I for one am too busy and important to sit on a call queue all day and for multiple days because of somebody else's oversight or mistake. If I were to do it, I'd wait until the last of the days and make the complaint for all missing points at once.  One would hope and expect that the phone operators at AGR know by now that thousands of people didn't get their points over that weekend and should be prepared for the onslaught.  Of course we don't know that everyone affected has been closely monitoring their balances as much as we have.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#30 pennyk

pennyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

I filled out the on-line form last night for my 1/15/15 trip.  I have not received a response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users