#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

This is the official launch of OTOL Montreal RailFest 2006. We will be traveling north of the border for a six-day, three-city journey that will feature Montreal's Metro, three commuter rail lines, a visit to Ottawa, some unfinished business in Toronto, and a triangle trip on Via Rail Canada.

The homepage for this trip is here. It will show you the plans in a nutshell for our trip that will run between July 18th and 23rd.

On the homepage you will also find links to pages with border crossing and currency exchange issues, a history of our previous fests, and pages for each Canadian city we will visit, with transportation, restaurant, and hotel information.

For those who have looked ahead at hotel rates, we have all noticed that they will be quite high. Exchange rates are not that good right now, so what is shown in Canadian currency is only a little more than the cost in US dollars. Remember that like any fest, you are free to come and go as you please, even if that means joining us late or leaving early. In the itinerary there are three options, one of them being "Montreal Fest Lite", which eliminates all VIA Rail Canada travel, as well as the transportation and hotel costs in Toronto and Ottawa.

Also, this weekend I have put my listing of Montreal hotels online. While it is not yet complete (I have plenty of hotels not yet investigated), it should give you a place to start. You will note that there are some bargains at certain hotels, although they might not fit your alliegance to a particular chain.

Please start e-mailing me whether you are planning to attend, and please also indicate if you will be participating in the entire 6-day event, or taking a shorter option to suit your budget or interests.

There is a chance I may decide to stay in a hotel in the Albany area on Monday night, July 17th, since the departure of the Adirondack from New York City is quite early.

More updates to follow!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users