#1 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

Folks, we start our trip in a week. That means all plans for the journey need to be finalized. I intend to put out one more Train accommodations chart this week, and I intentionally waited for July to come to do the Contact listing. Now it's crunch time. I am still gainfully employed and have a 3 hour round trip car commute every day I work. After Monday, I have no off days from work until the day I leave. Everything needs to be completed very soon. I don't have the hotel listings for some of you, and also some train segments that I've heard have recently been added or changed. It's time for everyone to step up to the plate. Yes we're all busy, but so am I. Today is Friday. If I don't have it by tomorrow (Saturday 7/5) night at 9 PM eastern time (when I get home), I have to go ahead and publish the lists without your information, or leave an embarrassing asterisk next to your name. Please help yourself, me, and your fellow travelers and take a few minutes today or tomorrow to make sure I have what I need to complete the listings and get them out on Sunday. Doing so will allow me some time to make further corrections if they are needed. "I am busy" is not an acceptable excuse. With some people originating from home on Thursday, this simply cannot wait until the last possible minute, and it's not fair to me to cause me the extra work in the wee hours of Friday when I have to finish packing and prepare to be away for 2 weeks. Despite the uncertainty of our rail trips, I still hope we have a great time on the rails. There will be further communications by e-mail and on the board in the coming week before we start our travels. All information of course can and should be sent confidentially, so please send via e-mail, not posted on this board.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#2 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Today I sent via e-mail to all RRF participants an updated Amtrak accommodations chart, as well as the confidential contact listing.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#3 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82611 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

There are a couple of inevitable late changes to the train chart. I will send out the final edition I can send out from home on Wednesday, since some will be starting travel on Thursday. So please don't print the most recent edition just yet.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users