37 replies to this topic

#21 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

We can just text message like im here where you at lol

Hey I know you and my memory works just fine. I'll recognize you. So stop worrying about it and just show up, will ya? :) We can use the usual smoke signal or whatever to find each other :)

#22 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

I thought I was on topic?

SO to make a ontopic post i would be joining for the metra ride if your trains are on time or mine. otherwise if anyone is left after the return metra maybe hit a pizza joint or something.

Aloha

I haven't committed, or should I be committed, but if I, and my granddaughter make it, I hope you are there it will be nice to see you. Money permitting I think the FEST's are a necessary medical expense, keep's one head screwed on correctly.

#23 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

I am suddenly developing this intense urge to go and collect some double points on a Hiawatha round trip :)

#24 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

I am suddenly developing this intense urge to go and collect some double points on a Hiawatha round trip :)

Well, OK, but don't miss the Cardinal!

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#25 NJCoastExp

NJCoastExp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Yeah I am too.

This is train 3267, 5:43 Long Branch express with connection to Bay Head. South Amboy is next. First and last cars are Quiet Cars. All tickets please.

#26 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

And you can do anything you'd like to do. I'm sticking with the Elburn trip on METRA. If I need to earn more points I can do it on the east coast in the following 5-1/3 months of the year after the trip is completed.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#27 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

IŽll meet you people in chicago. Im coming in on train 351 the wolverine which looks like wonŽt be in till at least 1pm now thanks to NS imposing a speed restriction.

#28 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

Then you will miss the Elburn trip for sure -- provided it happens. We are scheduled to leave Chicago (OTC) at 12:40 PM, and be back a little more than 3 hours later. That leaves a little under 2 hours to walk back to Union Station and sit in the Metropolitan Lounge to await the Cardinal, or longer for those remaining in town or taking later trains.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#29 amtrakwolverine

amtrakwolverine

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Riding trains, railfaining, small engines, guitars

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

I can always catch another metra to meet up half way with your train on your return trip.

#30 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

I can always catch another metra to meet up half way with your train on your return trip.

You would have to take METRA Train #505, leaving OTC at 2:40 PM. Assuming the trains are on time, changing at Bellwood would provide a 14 minute layover. A change at Berkeley would give you 8 minutes. Anything beyond that is too risky. The station before Bellwood is Melrose Park -- however do not change there, as only every other train stops there, so you would find yourself waving to us as we highball by you.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users