• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#11 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

I just booked and paid for Atl-NOL-MEM-Chi. All sleepers. I'm in 1910 room 5, 5800 room 8, and 5800 room 4.

#12 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

I just booked and paid for Atl-NOL-MEM-Chi. All sleepers. I'm in 1910 room 5, 5800 room 8, and 5800 room 4.

Oh No! MEM - CHI you are diagonally across from me, and NOL - MEM you are next door! :)

#13 GG-1

GG-1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

OH NO, those 2 car attendants and the 2 of you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope I end up with the 2 of you :D It will be at least a month before I have the money to book. :( Aloha

#14 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hey I'm in that area too..... for the 4 "official Fest" trips on the Crescent and City of New Orleans, I'm in Room 2 throughout. So we'll cross paths for sure! I'm in: Train 19(17) PHL-ATL Car 1911 Room 2 Train 19(18) ATL-NOL Car 1911 Room 2 (leaving ATL on 7/19) Train 58(21) NOL-MEM Car 5800 Room 2 Train 58(22) MEM-CHI Car 5800 Room 2 And going home post-Fest it's Train 50(23) CHI-PHL Car 5000 Room 1

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#15 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

I forgot to mention that my car number on the crescent as reported earlier will change. I canceled the point reservations in January and am planning to rebook this in two weeks on my next check. I might take the Capitol/Silver Meteor combination to Florida too. Of course we will take over whatever sleeper we are in. Since there is only the 5800 car plus the transition car on 58, we will definitely have a party in there. LOL And Jis, no snoring allowed!!. LOL

#16 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:38 AM

And Jis, no snoring allowed!!. LOL

Who can honestly say they don't snore? It's only audible in the sleepers if you really listen carefully, or put a cup against the adjoining wall. Let those who don't live in glass houses throw the first stones! :D I'm not throwing any. Anyone who doesn't like it may appreciate being in sleepers more if we banish them to the coach section of the train say, for an hour between 2 AM and 3 AM. B) Now, back to sleep. <_<

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#17 jis

jis

• Global Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

Who can honestly say they don't snore? It's only audible in the sleepers if you really listen carefully, or put a cup against the adjoining wall.

Who knows what Steve the Spy Guy does when he is all by himself in his room? I don't want to know :lol:

Anyway, I am in 1911/1 on both the 19 segments. And AFAIR I am in 5 on 50. So if you hear any snoring that would not be me on that train :lol:

#18 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

I wake up in the middle of the night and send twitter and text messages reporting the train's status.

#19 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82315 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

I wake up in the middle of the night and send twitter and text messages reporting the train's status.

Be careful of Twitter, though. I did the same during our last two long summer trips (in an attempt to save paper and in fear of losing those notes), and found that they don't retain things back too far. So it would be wise to dump everything and print it out the day you get home, or you may not have that point of reference available to you for much longer.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#20 BillMagee

BillMagee

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 5361 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Rail, Aviation, Sports

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Be careful of Twitter, though. I did the same during our last two long summer trips (in an attempt to save paper and in fear of losing those notes), and found that they don't retain things back too far. So it would be wise to dump everything and print it out the day you get home, or you may not have that point of reference available to you for much longer.

I just checked and your tweets from the PNW fest last summer are still on Twitter. I had to keep scrolling and reloading, but they are all there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users