#21 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:15 PM

Like everything else with Covid-19, this group will have to come back together slowly and sensibly as currently there are different rules in every state and city regarding what can be open, how many people can be together, and where people can travel from without being told to quarantine for 2 weeks.  So I am looking at shorter trips that minimize local travel and with few or no transfers. 

One suggestion we've had before this mess was to go to Roanoke.  I devised a 2-day weekend trip on the Northeast Regional/Amtrak Virginia train to & from Roanoke.  There is no timetable when we could do this or any trip, but I've missed putting together these things so it's out there for us when it is safe to do so.  It is of course dependent on whether we can freely travel to or from Virginia AND return to our home states.  

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

#22 steve4031

steve4031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1514 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:20 AM

One nice part of this is that it can be done on a Saturday and Sunday. I can fly out Friday night and back Sunday night during the school year.

#23 KevinKorell

KevinKorell

Board Leader

• Sr. Admin
  • PipPip
  • 82603 posts
  • Interests:Making America TRAIN again!

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:56 PM

I should add that another reason why it's difficult to plan anything that involves riding rapid transit or commuter rail is that many properties are operating on a reduced schedule. Thus their normal level of service, assuming they return to their pre-pandemic operating schemes, is not currently available.

Kevin Korell

OTOL Board Leader

Lakewood, NJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users