Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 43390 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:05 AM

news-from-bart_original.png

Release Date: 9/27/16

Two BART Police Officers Praised for Work to Help Homeless Man

Last week BART Customer Services received this note thanking two of our BART Police Officers who patrol Powell Street Station and who helped a homeless man named Alfonso. 

(BART received permission to share this note and story)

“I want to let Kenton Rainey, Chief of Police, and the Deputy Chief over Officer Jones and Officer Touye know how much me and my family appreciate everything they have done for my dad. He has been homeless living in the Subway for years, and no one in our family even knew if he was still alive. They opened their hearts and researched him to find his family and get ahold of us and see if they could help him in any way. Within a week of talking to them, they were able to find him a bed, place to stay, and get him into a detox program that he desperately needed. They did all of this while doing their regular duties as an officer. It will be completely up to my dad on whether or not he wants to continue this path of sobriety and bettering his life, but if it wasn't for these two officers, he never would've had this last chance at life. My family can't thank them enough for their kindness. You have some great people working for you. Thank you all.”

Read about how our officers went about helping Alfonso and how we are working to find ways to handle the complex situation involving people who seek refuge in downtown San Francisco stations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users